New to Bullet and BBC

I have owned several boats but, have recently bought my 1st Bullet. I still have my last boat, 2009 Legend Alpha 211, 250 ProXS. Didn't think I would ever get out of it and guess I still haven't allowed it to be pried out of my fingers (but my garage is too full). In January I bought a 2020 21XRD w/ 250 Mercury from Reynold's Racing. After the break-in, my first attempt to "see what she's got" was 72mph @ 5200rpms. After about 3 months I still haven't exceeded that. I'm in no hurry and 72 is dang respectable, IMO. My home lake is Rayburn where 15-20 mph wind is not unusual and 30 is not unheard of (I keep the boat parked @ 30mph). I just wanted to say, "hey" and will keep this from getting too long. Y'all are in luck because I am a talker but, not so much at typing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the Bullet family and BBC! She’s a sharp rig! Just takes a lot of seat time. Your gonna love it!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Another BIG welcome from the Bullet Family! I hope you are not a stranger on here. There are a bunch of great folks in the Bullet clan that are very willing to help out with any questions or problems.

A few questions in reference to your speed and driving your new rig. What prop are you running? What lower unit & gears do you have? I am just curious did you ride with someone whenever you purchased the boat at Reynolds? If so did they get it faster than 72?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimg1960 View Post
    I have owned several boats but, have recently bought my 1st Bullet. I still have my last boat, 2009 Legend Alpha 211, 250 ProXS. Didn't think I would ever get out of it and guess I still haven't allowed it to be pried out of my fingers (but my garage is too full). In January I bought a 2020 21XRD w/ 250 Mercury from Reynold's Racing. After the break-in, my first attempt to "see what she's got" was 72mph @ 5200rpms. After about 3 months I still haven't exceeded that. I'm in no hurry and 72 is dang respectable, IMO. My home lake is Rayburn where 15-20 mph wind is not unusual and 30 is not unheard of (I keep the boat parked @ 30mph). I just wanted to say, "hey" and will keep this from getting too long. Y'all are in luck because I am a talker but, not so much at typing.
    we are going to be learning about bullets at the same time. Does sound like ur rpms are pretty low. I would think closer to 6000-62000 rpm is ur working full throttle range. Curious what prop u have and what jackplate.

5. Member
    Great looking boat and welcome to the Bullet Family...the people here are nothing but friendly, and will always lend a helping hand. Best of luck with your New Bullet!!

6. Member
    man the classic bullets look so good. New ones do too but the new stripe design isn't my favorite. Love the boat!

7. Banned
    That is a beautiful boat!! Congrats on the purchase bud, the speed will come with time. Nice, very nice.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

You'll eventually get it going. It's not a race take your time. But you WILL roll more than 72 MPH in that rig one day. That can become your criusin speed.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

10. Member
    Thanks for the welcome. I’m not saying there are any issues with the boat. There is plenty of petal left. I just need time to learn to drive through the chime.I drove from Texas to Tennessee during sone of that blizzard weather back in January so, I never drove the boat before I picked it up. Reynolds said they ran it 77 in below freezing tempts. I think They only opened that day so I could pick the boat up. I had a 3 day window before 2 weeks of freezing. Even if I couldn’t run it I wanted it in my garage instead of theirs.
    The prop is a Bravo 27 1/2. With the holes plugged it still gets the slightest amount of blow out when getting on plane. It gets on plane amazingly quick. Not sure about the other rigging specs. but will post soon.
    Between work being the busiest ever and Rayburn being 10’+ high(only 2 boat ramps officially open), I’m not even getting any seat time. I’m a young 61. God willing, I have plenty of time. I’ll be back with boat details.

11. Member
    Welcome...I've looked at that one many times through the showroom window!
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

12. Member
    Welcome to the Bullet family!! Great colors!!

Very vice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    Beautiful boat!! I too am flooded off of Rayburn...
    2014 Bass Cat Eyra
    2014 Mercury 250 ProXS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark in frisco View Post
    Beautiful boat!! I too am flooded off of Rayburn...
    if ur driving from Katy Tx to Sam Rayburn, that’s a trip.