Indian Pond north of Rangeley Maine?

Heading to Rangeley Maine this week. I plan on hitting Umbagog while I’m up there. I’ve heard good things about smallie fishing on Indian Pond which is about 2.5 hours north of Rangeley.
    Anyone have experience there? Any tips for a productive week are appreciated. Feel free to PM if you don’t want specifics posted publicly.

Kind Regards,
    Joe
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

Was there on a guided trip out of Northern Outdoors at the Forks. Plenty of fish but the one thing I did notice was there wasn't any markers for the shoals and rockpiles.
    Nice area though and if it is clear you should be able to get around ok if you take your time.

Umbagog and Indian may still be pre spawn, both are dangerous places a lot of shallow stuff be careful and good luck.

4. Member
    Killer bite at Umbagog. Late spawn to post spawn conditions. Water between 59-63*. Bite on fire though. Huge volume but size is tough to come by. Biggest so far is a 3lb SMB and 4lb 7oz LMB both caught on a jig.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

5. Member
    I have fished both and they are great Smallmouth lakes. But as stated above be very very careful because you WILL lose a lower unit if you're not!!!!