Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Congrats again Brett! Looks amazing. I saw it in person at the Wolfson’s tournament and it is beautiful in person also!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxbass View Post
    Congrats again Brett! Looks amazing. I saw it in person at the Wolfson’s tournament and it is beautiful in person also!
    thank you. I have yet to see it. Went straight from there to my rigging shop to be set up. Might get to see it tomorrow.

Congratulations it is beautiful. Enjoy the ride.

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6

4. Member
    That’s a beautiful looking Bullet, but then they are all beautiful to me. When I first got mine the best thing that helped me in learning to drive it was to get the boat level in the water. When at the dock, I would use a small torpedo level to get the weight just right. Hope that will help you some. Have a great day and congratulations!

Scott

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyarnall View Post
    That’s a beautiful looking Bullet, but then they are all beautiful to me. When I first got mine the best thing that helped me in learning to drive it was to get the boat level in the water. When at the dock, I would use a small torpedo level to get the weight just right. Hope that will help you some. Have a great day and congratulations!

Scott
    Did you put the level in the dead center of the cockpit area or level at the helm? I know some past boats i had that would tilt a little due to balance being off but i never took the time to balance weight around.

I’ve got a 2’ level in the boat I keep and I lay it across the center of front deck at the back edge near the step. If your solo or with a buddy, get in and ready and then look at it. That’s how it’ll be when running. The more level that boat is, the less you’ll have to compensate when the chine begins. I had mine really off balance once and I had to fight it. Balancing makes a world of difference.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    Wish I could come help you with driving lessons, but you'll be ok just take it slow at first, just ease it it, the boat will tell you what not to do, I love my 21RDC, you'll find plenty of help on here, just ask!! Again Congrats!!

8. Member
    Brett, I put the level to where it was port to starboard on the front (or you could put it on the rear) deck and get the boat as level as you can (by shifting and/or adding weight) from side to side of the boat.
    Sorry, just saw that you had already received help.

Scott

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyarnall View Post
    Brett, I put the level to where it was port to starboard on the front (or you could put it on the rear) deck and get the boat as level as you can (by shifting and/or adding weight) from side to side of the boat.
    Sorry, just saw that you had already received help.

Scott

all help is appreciated! Boat is still getting rigged with all electronics so maybe in a few weeks k will get to break it in a little.

10. Member
    You may want to fill the live well the first few runs. This may help with the learning curve a little.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

11. Member
    What a beautiful boat!!! Congrats, Be prepared to talk to A LOT of people every time you pull that beauty out. Gas station, hotel, no matter where you go, it will draw a crowd. Absolutely awesome, love it!!

12. Member
    Don't get frustrated if you can't handle it to well at first. It takes a bit of time to know what the boat wants and correct at the right time. Seat time is the only cure I know of. Very nice looking rig congratulations you will love it no doubt.

13. Member
    Thanks everybody. Should have it in 2 weeks.

14. Member
    When I first bought my Bullet back in 2003, 20xdc with a 2.5 280hp, I honestly thought there was something wrong with the boat or set up or something. I came out of an upper 70 mph boat so I thought I should be able to drive it. I gave it all the respect it deserved and after most of one summer, it clicked, and I was able to run it to the max.

Every Bullet wants a little something different, although they may be the exact model and exact motor, they are individuals like people or dogs.

Give it time, don't rush it, and give it lots of respect. It has nothing to do with not being able to drive a boat at high speed, you just have to learn what it's asking for and how it's asking for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12