Lithium batteries

If i were to replace the standard Interstate batteries out for the trolling motor to lithium, what size battery would be best? 100Ah is probably overkill since i dont tournament fish and im not standing on the trolling motor all day. but would 50 or 60 AH be enough to get you through a windy day on current? 100AH are just so stupid expensive. You can get 2 50AH for the price of 1 100AH. I guess im asking if any of you have lithiums, what Ah are yours? i have a 24V trolling motor with 80lb thrust which is plenty to pull the .204 around easily.

2. Member
    I have 2, 50 amp Ionics. I love them. I have the Bluetooth which gives you how much battery charge you have remaining. I fished 6 hour tournament last week and then fished an additional 13 hours over the next couple of days. I still had 65% charge remaining. I have a 24 volt ghost trolling motor on heavy aluminum boat. Unless you fish really strong current you will not be able to run 50 amp batteries down in one day.

3. Member
    50 AH would be more than enough. I was looking to put 3 50’s in mine along with a lithium cranking battery but saved my money instead.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    50 AH would be more than enough. I was looking to put 3 50’s in mine along with a lithium cranking battery but saved my money instead.
    I wouldnt put a lithium cranking battery on a Mercury 4 stroke. It pretty much voids any warranty through Mercury. I wouldn't mind having 2 for my troller and electronics though.

5. Member
    24V go 50 min 36v can go to 30-40 min
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I've been following the dobyns rods fb page closely and Gary posted something about these Gyll batteries hes been running they are now selling them though dobyns they are 100ah and probably the cheapest I've seen in that size.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I've been following the dobyns rods fb page closely and Gary posted something about these Gyll batteries hes been running they are now selling them though dobyns they are 100ah and probably the cheapest I've seen in that size.
    Can you link it?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBallistic View Post
    If i were to replace the standard Interstate batteries out for the trolling motor to lithium, what size battery would be best? 100Ah is probably overkill since i dont tournament fish and im not standing on the trolling motor all day. but would 50 or 60 AH be enough to get you through a windy day on current? 100AH are just so stupid expensive. You can get 2 50AH for the price of 1 100AH. I guess im asking if any of you have lithiums, what Ah are yours? i have a 24V trolling motor with 80lb thrust which is plenty to pull the .204 around easily.
    I have been running the 50ah now for three months and during an 9 hour day with wind constant i have yet to pull them below 91% this is on a Caymas CX20 running a Ghost trolling motor, been very impressed with them so far. I dont think you will have any problems with them.

9. Member
    I think 50ah would be more than enough. Last year I was in the same situation I thought 100ah was to much and ended up with two 80ah batteries. Well now that I fished 4 long days on Lake Barkley the 80ah is even more than I need. I went there fully charged and came home with 45ah left and never did charge the batteries while I was there.