Don or others who may know

IMG_0331.jpg

A picture of my Smartcraft gauge! It was bought from dealer at time of 150 4/stroke purchase SN 2B544452. I don't know model of gauge and is not shown on any paper work I have. Gauge and connecting harness was $325 at time of purchase if that helps. The gauge does a great job for me with one exception.
    The number of gallons of gas shown as used is low. If Smartcraft shows 8 gallons used for a trip it takes 10 to fill back tank. About 20% off. Is there any calibration for gauge or do you correct in your head? Thanks

2. Member
    That is a Smartcraft System Monitor. Fuel flow should be accurate to about 2% if I remember correctly. I converted to Mercmonitor a long time ago so don't remember if there is a calibration process.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure you are at the same station, same pump, with boat in precisely the same position. If these items alter, it may affect how much fuel you can add to the tank.

PCM fuel used data is computed from the same data the PCM used to open and close the injectors for the correct amount of time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Make sure you are at the same station, same pump, with boat in precisely the same position. If these items alter, it may affect how much fuel you can add to the tank.

PCM fuel used data is computed from the same data the PCM used to open and close the injectors for the correct amount of time.
    Does not matter pump or station always takes 20% more to fill. I have tried single pump....park same place etc. Noticed it first time and been watching it 3 years.....no change. No doubt it is off about 20%. Do I live with it?
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 05-31-2021 at 11:30 AM.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Next time you're in to a dealer, have them check your engine (on the G3 Diagnostic Tool) for any PCM Updates.

Might also try doing a Master-Reset on your Smartcraft Gauge.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor