Thread: Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Wanting to come up and try for largemouth. Preferably put in and stay as far south as possible. Can anyone give me ramps to use and some info? Pm me if you want.

2. Member
    Bolles Harbor is the Southernmost ramp in Michigan on Erie. Sterling State Park is slightly further North. In my opinion, for Largemouth, I would recommend launching at Pt Mouillee or Lake Erie Metropark about 30 mins from the Ohio border. Either Launch will give you access to lots of options for largemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by akowalc1 View Post
    Bolles Harbor is the Southernmost ramp in Michigan on Erie. Sterling State Park is slightly further North. In my opinion, for Largemouth, I would recommend launching at Pt Mouillee or Lake Erie Metropark about 30 mins from the Ohio border. Either Launch will give you access to lots of options for largemouth.
    This is the most sound advise I have seen. The river mouth is a completely under rated large mouth fishery..
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

4. Member

thanks for the reply. Not sure what to expect. Will there be grass? Frog and flipping? Thanks

5. Member
    This time of year I typically catch them along rip rap with squarebills, chatterbaits, swim jigs, and senkos. You can also catch them at the marina entrances with a lot of the same stuff as well as tubes and ned rigs. You can probably find a few areas for frogs and flipping but that's not my style of fishing and weed growth and water temps are still a bit further off. Don't be afraid of getting up into the river and some current. If you can find some current breaks it will congregate them for another couple weeks. If you don't already, use Google Earth and Navionics online to map out some areas.

Caught them good there last Monday. I haven't got that video together yet, but this one should give you an aerial view of the lake out of Bolles and some fishing I did in October.
    https://rumble.com/vd37tb-lake-erie-...66lt3&mc=9e0fe