Hope everyone survived the high water

It got close on me at the house and the camp but the Good Lord spared me again. Hope everyone is good too. This is getting ridiculous..

2. Member
    We are good here. I'm already needing to water my garden

3. Banned
    We ok have high ground,when False River reopens i will be happy.

doing good here, didn't flood, but ground still too wet to cut grass.

5. Member
    We got about 4 feet above normal tides in Venetian isles.. about 3 fleet on the streets, got about 1/2 way up my driveway.. never got my garage floor wet, that takes 6 feet... lasted about 3 days.. went down and was gone by Monday morning when the hard east winds let up... I had a kick butt fishing trip Monday and Tuesday catching the marsh draining!! it’s back to normal now.. I’m now on turnaround, 7-10s for the next month or so, so no fishing for me for a while..

6. Member
    Marshman, I've been thinking about bass fishing in the Biloxi marsh, but I'm unfamiliar with the area. Living on the north shore makes it unattractive to me also because of the 2 hour drive one way. Not asking for honey holes, but what marina would you use to fish fresh water?

7. Member
    I pretty much only fish right there around my house in the chef pass area nowadays.. I dont really go anywhere else too much.. plenty of green fish in the area, but not gonna catch any giants..

south shore marina is the launch for chef pass... island marina will put you in lake Catherine, plenty good fishing south side of lake Catherine and south of the icw via unknown pass..

Biloxi marsh would be better access from shell Bach or hopedale.. I don’t know that area..

usually, if I trailer anywhere it’s gonna be Delacroix or over to the basin at Morgan city/doirons..

8. Member
    I fished the atchafalya pretty much exclusively from 1985-1998. We lived below plaquemine near jack millers and I was only fifteen minutes from bayou pigeon. It was fantastic fishing during those years. I returned to pigeon a couple of years ago and some of the places where small tugs and two barges were navigating back then are dry ground. Being retired now, I am exploring new places to fish. Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to try some of those areas that you mentioned. I'll post with results.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R83steve View Post
    I fished the atchafalya pretty much exclusively from 1985-1998. We lived below plaquemine near jack millers and I was only fifteen minutes from bayou pigeon. It was fantastic fishing during those years. I returned to pigeon a couple of years ago and some of the places where small tugs and two barges were navigating back then are dry ground. Being retired now, I am exploring new places to fish. Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to try some of those areas that you mentioned. I'll post with results.

when I get off this turnaround in a couple weeks and get a little time off, you’re more than welcome to come over by the house and you can follow me around or we can team up and I can show you around the chef pass area if you want... it’s not really a big area.. not too hard to get lost and not all that hard to find a few green fish to bite. It’s a pretty easy ride from the north shore.. you do have some pretty decent fishing in the north shore rivers and the pearl tho...

10. Member
    The water is still high, but I have been catching a few catfish.

11. Member
    Checked out Turtle Bayou on Friday. Water is high, muddy, and just nasty. Lillies had it so plugged I couldn’t get to the intersection to La mud/School Board. This area is usually on fire this time of year.

12. Member
    Thanks Marshman

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR21RDC View Post
    It got close on me at the house and the camp but the Good Lord spared me again. Hope everyone is good too. This is getting ridiculous..
    Yes, it was a close call for you, looks like maybe one of your neighbors were not as lucky.

14. Member
    Yea I think your right she got some water. I got a mess which I’ll take any day to flooding. My camp was about the same surrounded but dry inside. Stinks to high hell. Going to clean off my pier and camp. Hopefully do some fishing too.