No crutches-headed to Grand later today

Off the crutches for the last two weeks.
    Started PT and a little sore but can’t wait to get out.
    Had the boat in for annual service while I was gimping around and just picked it up yesterday.
    Spent the day reloading it and its ready to go.
    Looks like a window of no rain tomorrow.
    10 day forecast looks like there will be a lot of it for a while.
    Sounds like I missed the spring spawn-Again. Oh well.

Boy Bixby is Fogged Up.. Grass growing faster than I can keep it short and it the 1st Amateur Weekend of the Summer..

Hopefully all goes well..

3. Member
    Highly recommend Grandlakefidhingintel.com app. Local guides post current info. Use green jig/trailer 10-15 ft. Big bass bash was last weekend. LOTS of boats. Nothing over 6lbs. Spawn may be over but fish are still biting...besides it never was really clear enough to site fish anyway!

4. Member
    Well, sometimes plans get waylayed.
    Missed the nicest day to fish for the next couple of weeks.
    Trying to figure if I can get there and back before tomorrows afternoon thunder boomers and large hail hit the area around 4. Fishing should be good before the front which happens later in the evening. Could leave early and fish till noon and get back to town.
    I will probably wait till Friday after the front passes, the temp drops and wind comes out of the NW. Fish my have lockjaw. But it will be better than nothing. At least a day on the lake.

5. Member
    Hope u went as this am as Friday of Memorial Day on Grand is the beginning of “stupid boaters” season!

6. Member
    58 degrees tomorrow morning.
    I doubt I see much bikini action during the morning

7. Member
    I'll be out there all day tomorrow
    TrackerUser

Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    58 degrees tomorrow morning.
    I doubt I see much bikini action during the morning

9. Member
    Well staying at home working on physical therapy can drive a man a little crazy. I finally got out Saturday on grand, at Shangri La and got just what I expected. No bass, 10 small crappie, and an ass kicking trying to get back across the main lake back to the marina. Uncle.
    Today I went to Spavinaw. Crystal water, lots of weeds, coontail and hydrilla. Bite was off for everyone I talked to, but I did catch 2 3lbers on a frog.
    Much more enjoyable day with no jet skis, no cruisers with 4 foot wakes, nice lake. Don’t tell anybody!
    It was nice just to be on a lake for the last 2 days. I need more of them.

We were on Spavinaw yesterday also. It was very clear kinda surprised me after all the rain and the grass seems to be growing even better than last year it is real thick and alot of it. Fishing was tuff for sure me and the wife had one good bass each and lost a couple each. But it was nice not being surrounded by idiots...LOL Hoping this rain every other day stops and they can get things calmed down we stay on the river most of the summer to avoid the crowds and it is rolling right now.

Good luck with your recovery and good luck with the fishing.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS34 View Post
    We were on Spavinaw yesterday also. It was very clear kinda surprised me after all the rain and the grass seems to be growing even better than last year it is real thick and alot of it. Fishing was tuff for sure me and the wife had one good bass each and lost a couple each. But it was nice not being surrounded by idiots...LOL Hoping this rain every other day stops and they can get things calmed down we stay on the river most of the summer to avoid the crowds and it is rolling right now.

Good luck with your recovery and good luck with the fishing.
    I saw a few bass chasing minnows, bluegill guarding a nest right by the ramp with a crawdad tending the bed waiting for the goodies, catfish working the hydrilla in the end of the lake, carp blowing up everywhere and a few active fish in some deep banks in the 18-20 foot range of blacks cove. I didn’t try the deep fish as I suck at that, and wanted to keep throwing that frog in the weeds as I was convinced I could tease a big one out of them. Oh well. A couple of good frog fish was better than a bunch of small crappies. It was a great day on that lake. My PB came from there 25 years ago 7+. I like that lake. I will be back during the week. Say howdy if you see me there sometime. What river do you like to fish? I like the Illinois during the week or especially in the fall on a kayak and wading. We went to King’s River and the Buffalo River last year. Illinois was better for fishing.

Yea we don't do deep I live or die shallow...LOL The river I was referring to is Navigation Channel pool 16, 17, 18. Like 17(Wagoner) section the best has the most old fishable oxbow's although they are getting harder to get into each year. Like the Highway 10 area of Webbers because you can treat it like a small lake and stay in there all day. The Catoosa section just started fishing the last couple years. All three have been kinda stingy and hit and miss the last couple years after the big long flood but they will come back they always have. We are out and about every weekend normally on Sundays grey and red Nitro z20 me and the wife 99.9 percent of the time.