Grease Fitting???

Hey all, I have grease leaking from this hole just above where my lower unit begins. I noticed it while replacing my lower unit last week. It's not a hole that goes straight into the housing. The hole angles upwards. Is this a grease fitting hole or should there be a rubber stopper here???

Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    Looks like where a zerk fitting was to grease the swivel pin.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Model number please.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Model number please.
    E115FSLEEC
    Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

5. Member
    Anyone?

6. Member
    Clean the hole with some alcohol or something and see if it is threaded, still say it looks like where the grease fitting was.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Clean the hole with some alcohol or something and see if it is threaded, still say it looks like where the grease fitting was.
    The hole is cleaned out less the surface amount of grease you can see at the bottom of the hole. The reson that grease is even there is the bottom of the hole actually has like a shelf that angles upwards. I tried screwing a grease zerk into it but no go.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sorry I got tied up and forgot about this post. Water discharge port from the lower motor mounts.

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Sorry I got tied up and forgot about this post. Water discharge port from the lower motor mounts.
    Thanks! So is it normal to have some grease seeping from that hole?

11. Member
    I wanted to update this. Here's another pic. This "hole" is centered right below the transom mount bracket above the lower unit. It appears there should be a grease fitting or something here. There is a bearing right above this which the pivot point that allows the motor to turn. The water is now causing the grease to puch up through that bearing.

12. Member
    ++ to championman earlier post. This is not a hole for a grease fitting. It is a vent. Look to the other side, I think starboard side above the lower motor mount. There is a grease fitting for the steering pivot shaft. This is the same grease you see oozing out of the lower steering bushing. No worries.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    ++ to championman earlier post. This is not a hole for a grease fitting. It is a vent. Look to the other side, I think starboard side above the lower motor mount. There is a grease fitting for the steering pivot shaft. This is the same grease you see oozing out of the lower steering bushing. No worries.
    Thanks. After looking for sometime I finally found the fitting. It's on the port side under the trim lock bar. So you have to drop that bar out of the way to access it.

Appreciate the help guys.