CX21 - 24 Razor XL 4 Blade

I got a 24 Razor XL for a steal. I've ran it a few times on my small lake where there aren't a lot of areas to really open it up. My boat is dual console with a 250 Merc. I'm a heavy guy 350+ and with a partner 200+, medium tackle, 1 full livewell, both pedestal seats in and 84 deg water it will turn 56-5700 rpms at 67mph. It's a complete rocket up to that speed. Amazing handling and just killer mid range acceleration. Obviously it's a little too stiff and a 23 would be awesome on my setup. Gonna send it to Mark and he said he could make it right. Just wanted to leave some feedback on the Razor XL since I haven't seen any out there. Really good prop IMO. I've ran a 24 Fury 3 blade (5800 rpms 69mph), 25 Tempest Plus (5600 rpms 70 mph), and a 24 Tempest Plus (6000 rpms 66mph) and this 4 blade Razor feels the best overall except it's just too stiff. The 3 blades feel quite a bit looser as expected.
    Last edited by DBolton; 05-25-2021 at 07:39 PM.

2. Member
    Have you had the razor prop work on.
    I have a 23 pitch that acts like yours.
    I am going to have Mark C. and work it to gain some rpms
    Great Holeshot and mid range.
    I have a 21’ legend 211
    I would like to hear more on these 4 blade props.

Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Have you had the razor prop work on.
    I have a 23 pitch that acts like yours.
    I am going to have Mark C. and work it to gain some rpms
    Great Holeshot and mid range.
    I have a 21’ legend 211
    I would like to hear more on these 4 blade props.
    I did not have any work done to it. I actually sent it off to NewEnglandLegend on here to try on his boat and had same results. He's going to send it to Mark to have it worked. In the meantime I ordered a 23p XL from Mark and I'm anxiously waiting on it's arrival. I feel that will be the right one for me. As soon as I have it I'll post up some results. I can tell you that prop feels awesome on my boat but it just ran out of steam at 5700.

4. Member
    Yes , I would like to hear your 23 pitch results also.
    Talked to Mark C sometime back, he has a few adjustments that can be made to my prop to try get the rpms up.
    I just need to send it back to him.
    i am thinking this will be my all around prop and windy day prop for sure.
    I can cruise with lower rpms and lower speeds which is great for tight creek runs.

5. Member
    What does the "XL" add compared to Mark's regular 4 blade? I didn't see an explanation on his website.

Quote Originally Posted by bbarthelt View Post
    What does the "XL" add compared to Mark's regular 4 blade? I didn't see an explanation on his website.
    I thought the XL designation just meant 4 blades. And the standard Razor is the 3 blade...but I dunno

The Razor Line of Props have 3 Props, Razor (Has 3 Blades), Razor 4 (Has 4 Blades, 14.5" Diameter Straight Barrel, similar design to an OMC Raker, but 4 Blades), Razor 4 XL (Has 4 Blades, 15.25" Diameter Extra Long Flared Barrel, similar design to a Bravo 1).
    Last edited by NewEnglandLegend; 07-10-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer

I received the new 23 XL 4 blade prop from Mark and was able to test it on my boat with the same setup as mentioned originally. Basically the same result with top speed at 67, excellent hole shot, and tremendous mid range acceleration. Was able to turn the 23 5900rpms on a super humid 90 degree day with 88deg water temps. I think the next step for more performance is some 2 degree wedges to get this boat out of the water. Overall a great prop for my smaller home water.

9. Member
    I ordered a 22” XL 4 blade from Mark. Hopefully I can get it soon and post some results.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Yesterday was the first time I was able to run the 23 XL 4 blade solo, 60% fuel, wells empty. Was able to see 69.2 at 5980 and ran out of lake. I have some 2 degree wedges on order. I'll update again once I get that sorted. My goal was to get my CX21 to 70+ and I think that is totally doable. Water temp yesterday was 84.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Yesterday was the first time I was able to run the 23 XL 4 blade solo, 60% fuel, wells empty. Was able to see 69.2 at 5980 and ran out of lake. I have some 2 degree wedges on order. I'll update again once I get that sorted. My goal was to get my CX21 to 70+ and I think that is totally doable. Water temp yesterday was 84.
    Are you running lithium batteries, that might help you a lot with the weight thing. I am in the 260 range myself and my CX20 with the 24 Fury jumps up in about 3 seconds by myself and close to 5 with two guys.

12. Member
    Mike over in the props forum steered me towards the razor xl last spring. Talked to Mark over the phone and had one worked for my Ranger and in my hands with in a couple days. It’s a stiff very heavy duty prop but it completely brought my Ranger to life. Like I said when I was looking for a different prop, I wasn’t looking to set speed records I just wanted a good handler. This prop is so good through the mid range and handling and it gives me great stability at the higher end. Glad you like it, can’t say enough good about Mark and his Wife over at Mark’s propeller either
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Are you running lithium batteries, that might help you a lot with the weight thing. I am in the 260 range myself and my CX20 with the 24 Fury jumps up in about 3 seconds by myself and close to 5 with two guys.
    No lithiums for me. Can't justify the price tag at the present. I do believe that would be a great help. Maybe in the future I can go that route!

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Mike over in the props forum steered me towards the razor xl last spring. Talked to Mark over the phone and had one worked for my Ranger and in my hands with in a couple days. It’s a stiff very heavy duty prop but it completely brought my Ranger to life. Like I said when I was looking for a different prop, I wasn’t looking to set speed records I just wanted a good handler. This prop is so good through the mid range and handling and it gives me great stability at the higher end. Glad you like it, can’t say enough good about Mark and his Wife over at Mark’s propeller either
    100%. The mid range acceleration is incredible! Boat is very stable with this prop. I love how it feels.

15. Member
    No lithiums for me. Can't justify the price tag at the present. I do believe that would be a great help. Maybe in the future I can go that route!
    You can now get the 50AH ionic batteries for 349.00 each which isn't that much higher than a 31 AGM and still have 8 years warranty compared to 2-3 years on the agm. They are offering a package price of three 50ah and one 125ah at Drewcraft.com who is a sponsor on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    You can now get the 50AH ionic batteries for 349.00 each which isn't that much higher than a 31 AGM and still have 8 years warranty compared to 2-3 years on the agm. They are offering a package price of three 50ah and one 125ah at Drewcraft.com who is a sponsor on here.
    That's an attractive package price! What about the Mercury bulletin that was issued regarding cranking battery concerns with the lithium batts? Seems like they are looking for a reason to deny warranty.

17. Member
    That's an attractive package price! What about the Mercury bulletin that was issued regarding cranking battery concerns with the lithium batts? Seems like they are looking for a reason to deny warranty.
    I am not using a Lithium cranking battery because of Mercury bulletin, i have seen what Mercury can do in our warranty department on things that pertain to warranty and it isn't usually a decision that our customers likes!!!!! I use the 125 AH for electronics only.