RayMarine or Garmine transducers bare wire connect to Gen 3 question

Is there a way to connect a Garmin TM150M from Garmin to a Gen3 using the bare wire 7pin connector Navico 7-Pin to Bare Wire Adapter Cable | The GPS Store
    Same question for a Raymarine B175H is there a way to connect the wires together, any diagrams? And will there be limitations?

2. Member
    TM150M for Garmin has too low impedance and will be damaged if connected to Lowrance. B175H for Raymarine will work fine with Gen3. You need to splice in this Simrad pigtail connector.

https://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-s...to-bare-wires/

Defender sells a kit with the 7-pin pigtail connector and a waterproof splice.

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=4464508

Follow Airmar 1 Colors in the table. There will be some additional wires in the Raymarine transducer, but you don't have to care about those. Airmar-Navico-wiring1.png

3. Member
    Now for the million dollars question is it worth paying $300 for a used unit, to fish offshore in a 20 footer v-shaped boat? Have no clue of the depth I will do but will try to go to the little islands off SoCal shore.
    The M has a little wider angle.
    To fish bottom and water column the H are not looked after. They do mostly bottom. But at 300 bucks!
    I was thinking a TM150M would be more appropriate since it's easier to install at transom on this I/O 5.7L Mercruiser.
    There's also the B150L for 300

4. Member
    There is no B150L, it's B150M with the same impedance problem. There are a lot of B150M's with bad XID so this is a transducer I would check very carefully in general before buying a used, but you can't use it unless it's a Navico version. $300 for a B175H is very cheap, it's a very good transducer for bottom fishing, both for pinpointing fish and for bottom structure and details. B175H at 130kHz fixed frequency is also fine for finding fish in the water column.

You need to verify that the B175H is the version with 20 degree tilt (marked B175H-20 at the sticker on the cable)

I have B175H-W, B75H, TM265LH and TM150M on a 21"

5. Member
    Sorry I meant B175L.
    You mentioned above it would work from RayMarine to Lowrance with the mentioned connector.
    Yes that's the marking on the sticker.
    Was just a bit concerned that it's too narrow to read water column at 50 feet. You mentioned 130 frequency good for column.
    Also in an I/O set up I have to see where one would place a through hull since the 5.7l engine is there in the bilge area.
    Last edited by gica69; 05-27-2021 at 04:37 AM.

6. Member
    So I just bought the TM165HW for 141 shipped including tax brand new. I sure hope it will do the trick. I know this is wide so bottom is wide but it's 600W and was going against the TM150M at 300W 80 dollar difference. If I will just bottom I will have to get a through hull B75H or M. But probably H. What do you guys think?

7. Member
    So I got the Airmar TM165HW and the connector on it is not compatible with the adapter 000-13977-001 that is supposed to allow it to connect to a Gen3 HDS 7 pin blue connector like this one from Amazon.com: Lowrance 9 to 7 PIN XD Adapter for AIRMAR XDCRS, Black: Sports & Outdoors
    Here is a picture of the connector are these not standard 9 pin that fit across different devices?

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Looks like Airmars «mix and match»-connector. You need another adapter for those.

9. Member
    Last edited by gica69; 06-15-2021 at 06:37 PM.

10. Member
    I got the MMC-BL adapter and will soon get to see what this transducer can do.
    I got a 7 inch HDS Live also to benefit from the 600W.
    So given that it's a 165HW it will be limiting in what it can do beyond 2-300 feet right?
    I want to get rid of the HDI 83/200 it sucks and gives really shitty sonar with its 200W, maybe mine is shitty.
    What can I add to this TM165HW to get me good bottom beyond 300 feet?
    I know the cheapest ones are the B75M at 600 dollars thru hull. Is there anything cheaper is it worth picking up the 150M for a more narrow beam?!
    Also since my boat is a I/O sterndrive can I even install a thru hull under the engine?
    Help

11. Member
    A HW will never give "good bottom" regardless of power, the coneangle is to wide. You will get bottom-lock down to 400+ meters (1200 feet), but no details of structure etc.
    B175H or 260 is the way to go for details.

12. Member
    I ordered a temporary solution until I get around to buying a better unit. For $100 I got the Navico HDI 50/200/455/800 000-12569-001 it has 12 degrees at 200khz so it should temporarily show something. I think these are bigger than the HDI 83/200 in element, and am not sure about wattage but maybe 600W, the other is 250W.
    My HDI 83/200 is acting up, it stops scrolling an image for no reason. It does for a bit then it just stops or it really slowly scrolls in increments. I have it hooked up to the HDS gen 3 9 incher.
    I am looking for a B175H. At some point I will get it. I saw two guys install thru hull on transom one with an aluminum bracket welded. It worked pretty good, I will find the post.
    Thru hull transducer mounted to transom? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
    My boat is a stern drive 5.7L big engine no idea where to actually put a big thru hull like that under that engine.
    (1) Thru Hull Transducer Installed on Transom | Bloodydecks (bdoutdoors.com)
    Last edited by gica69; 07-16-2021 at 11:58 PM.

13. Member
    I see I've answered some of your questions at two different forums, I'm abbor at THT

14. Member
    Yes sir you certainly did, I usually post on multiple forums in case I don't get any answers. Thanks