Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    With all due respect, I am sure the littler lakes in your area get jammed up on wkend, just as bad as A-Bay or Clayton do these days with all the clowns running around in jet boats and jet skies.
    I used to love fishing Picton Island/ Maple island coves and T. I. Park/ Fishers Landing, but know need to wait mid wk or very early mornings.

Another butt holes in the past few yrs have been the littler tour pontoon boats, with bring them too close for my comfort, especially Eel bay/ Canoe Point area.
    Those tour boats will dang near run you over. I was spotlocked in A bay last year and one even blew the horn at me...

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Those tour boats will dang near run you over. I was spotlocked in A bay last year and one even blew the horn at me...
    Go mid/ late May and fish for big walleye. 8.5 won't raise much of an eyebrow. Decent Pike and the place all to yourself. Cold and 43 water temperatures some years. Chippewa area

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Liquid Therapist View Post
    All you guys that think black lake gets that full on holiday weekends I will gladly let you come to my local lakes anytime so you can see what a crowded lake really looks like.
    I've seen black lake every bit as crowded as I have seen Beltzville on a July Saturday. Stuff is insane everywhere anymore.

4. Member
    Couldnt agree more. I've seen big NY lakes get a lot of boat traffic on some of the busiest times of the year but no where close to the smaller lakes around me. Those that think its crowded up there which it might be, have no idea how heavily traveled and pressured other lakes can be.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by behls16 View Post
    I've seen black lake every bit as crowded as I have seen Beltzville on a July Saturday. Stuff is insane everywhere anymore.
    Man I don't know about that
    Black lake almost 8000 acres Beltzville 946. I fish Black and live 10 miles from Beltzville.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 07-01-2021 at 02:42 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Man I don't know about that
    Black lake almost 8000 acres Beltzville 946. I fish Black and live 10 miles from Beltzville.
    Yea, gotta agree with that. Black Lake might get crowded but nothing like Beltzville. You can eventually escape somewhere on a bigger lake. I too only live 30 min from Beltzville. Won't even touch it on the weekends. Even weekdays can be bad.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    You would think they could be a little more courteous, but they know that they have the right of way being the restricted vessel.

8. Member
    Go mid/ late May and fish for big walleye. 8.5 won't raise much of an eyebrow. Decent Pike and the place all to yourself. Cold and 43 water temperatures some years. Chippewa area
    I hope you are keeping all those pikes, since I hate them and no one wants them when I accidently kill one trying to give it away.

9. Banned
    We used to keep some to eat but we toss them all back wherever we go anymore, even the walleye.

10. Member
    We used to keep some to eat but we toss them all back wherever we go anymore, even the walleye.
    Sounds like what every body is doing with pike these days.

11. Member
    Pike ad pickerel are great eating but we only keep them in the winter. In the summer they are very mushy and taste like crap. I’m winter their meat firms up and taste really good
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    We gave up the Larry many years ago due to Speed Boats, Water Skiers, Sail Boats, Jet Bikes and Freighters. We have found BL much quieter place to but fish but each to their own spot.

13. triton
    I have to think every lake in NY State is packed on the weekend....I'm down below Onieda and Cayuga and our lakes are jammed with pontoons, jet skies
    and $120,000.00 dollar ski boats...Every year it gets harder and harder to have decent bags for all the tournaments, seems like every body now owns a boat !!!

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12