Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Still Shipping With Plastic Dust Covers

Good news is my Z19 ordered April 10 is at my dealer today, May 25. Bad news is three of the four plastic Vortex dust covers are broken. My dealer said they will have aluminum covers Friday. How long have the plastic dust covers been an issue?
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    Good news is my Z19 ordered April 10 is at my dealer today, May 25. Bad news is three of the four plastic Vortex dust covers are broken. My dealer said they will have aluminum covers Friday. How long have the plastic dust covers been an issue?
    My dealer just told me last week all 4 on my tandem Z18 were bad and have to be replaced. It's clearly an issue that Nitro needs to address

3. Member
    Aluminum covers??? Any idea where these are coming from? The plastic ones are definitely a problem.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

4. Member
    In three years , I've replaced two of my 4 on my z19 dual axel trailer. Ordered a set of 4 replacement caps just to have for security sake. Haven't broken another one since....lol

5. Member
    All four broke on mine. Found a set by Turbo Lube that fit.

Can you give me you dealers info???? I want to see if I can order a set of the aluminum caps. My dealers connect is super backed up with orders.

6. Member
    I have not had any problems with my plastic ones but would be interested in aluminum ones.

7. Member
    The aluminum dust covers are from All Out Marine. I believe they are in Wisconsin.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

8. Member
    Thanks Jim

The aluminum dust covers are from All Out Marine. I believe they are in Wisconsin.

9. Member
    Well it turns out all of the dust covers are back ordered. What is Tracker doing? Known issue, no dust covers available. Any help out there?
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    Well it turns out all of the dust covers are back ordered. What is Tracker doing? Known issue, no dust covers available. Any help out there?
    Did you get to pick your rig up today?

11. Member
    [QUOTE=REversman;11910878]Did you get to pick your rig up today?[/QUOTE

Cannot deliver without dust caps.

Dealer said they will get new hubs if Tracker cannot deliver on dust caps. Bad news it will take a few days.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

12. Member
    [QUOTE=Jboutfishn;11910902]
    Quote Originally Posted by REversman View Post
    Did you get to pick your rig up today?[/QUOTE

Cannot deliver without dust caps.

Dealer said they will get new hubs if Tracker cannot deliver on dust caps. Bad news it will take a few days.
    So, I guess this means the aluminum caps are just a fairy tale?
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

13. Member
    No, they are back ordered, thinking August.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

Just call All Out Marine (262-629-4000) and buy you a set it is simple and fast. I called last Tuesday and got them this Tuesday and put them on last night.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS34 View Post
    Just call All Out Marine (262-629-4000) and buy you a set it is simple and fast. I called last Tuesday and got them this Tuesday and put them on last night.

It appears there are two different hubs depending on when the trailer was manufactured. When was your trailer made?
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

16. Member
    Is this something you guys are really interested in? Aluminum caps? I have a machine shop and could potentially make these in a week or so. I have a 2019 Z19, my covers are all intact yet but I could see upgrading to aluminum. Just curious if there is a enough of a demand to make some of these? If you are serious about wanting aliuminum caps please do post here and let me know, if there is enough interest I'll see what I can do about making some.

Pretty sure 2020 I would have to go look for sure. I just gave them the vin# and said the originals had FDL made into cap and the replacement that I had got had the Dexter and Vortex logo's on them and he said no problem how many do you want? 150 later and a few days they were in the mailbox.

18. Member
    Call All Out Marine in Wisconsin. Buy them over the phone. I bought 5 a few weeks ago to have an extra on hand.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console
    Garmin 126sv w/Livescope - Bow

19. Member
    Ok - newbie question here and I know I'll sound like a dummy for asking, but here goes...assuming the plastic dust covers are still working as designed, when you replace the plastic dust covers with the upgraded aluminum ones, do you have to add grease to the hubs?
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

20. Member
    Be careful when ordering new caps. My trailer is a 2021 with FDL caps that have different threads. The Dexter caps will not fit.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast