Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I just received an email from Bill O'Hara VP of sales, Dexter Marine division in which he stated that they have re-designed the caps to a thicker material (still plastic).

I think a set of polished aluminum caps would be super nice! Consider me very interested.

The ones that came on my '21 Z19 are dexter P/N 81143. They say Dexter Vortex on the face and also what would appear to be a part number 21-281.
    Its my understanding that the ones with the big letter "V" on them have a different thread pitch.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terribleTED View Post
    I just received an email from Bill O'Hara VP of sales, Dexter Marine division in which he stated that they have re-designed the caps to a thicker material (still plastic).

I think a set of polished aluminum caps would be super nice! Consider me very interested.

The ones that came on my '21 Z19 are dexter P/N 81143. They say Dexter Vortex on the face and also what would appear to be a part number 21-281.
    Its my understanding that the ones with the big letter "V" on them have a different thread pitch.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    Be careful when ordering new caps. My trailer is a 2021 with FDL caps that have different threads. The Dexter caps will not fit.
    Any idea where to get new FDL ones? Just got my 21' Z21 and the two front ones broke.

4. Member
    This was a recap from my dealer. We searched everywhere, best estimate was August. Went to Nitro and said find me some covers or send new hubs, no hubs? Send a new trailer. Nitro found three covers, not sure where. process took 8 days.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

5. Member
    Don't use the FDL Brands! They will eventually break off like a sheet paper. All 4 broke on me.

I used caps by Turbo Lube until the correct size by Vortex were shipped.

6. Member
    I bought some caps from ebay or amazon, cant remember for certain. Came from a place called ZJ outfitters in Fl. (ZJoutfitters.com) came in a two pack, appear to be actual dexter parts, and came at a super reasonable price. P/N 81143

I will probably order some more to keep on hand until someone comes out with some nice aluminum ones.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terribleTED View Post
    I bought some caps from ebay or amazon, cant remember for certain. Came from a place called ZJ outfitters in Fl. (ZJoutfitters.com) came in a two pack, appear to be actual dexter parts, and came at a super reasonable price. P/N 81143

I will probably order some more to keep on hand until someone comes out with some nice aluminum ones.

what year trailer?

8. Banned
    so does anyone have a part # for the 2021 or a aftermarket one that will fit?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    what year trailer?
    The boat is a '21 Z19, I would assume the trailer is also a '21 model.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    so does anyone have a part # for the 2021 or a aftermarket one that will fit?
    Dexter Marine 81143 K71-G01-73 Replacement Vortex Cap 2-Pack – ZJ Outfitters
    This is what I purchased.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

11. Banned
    Pist.. 2021 z18 dual axle not a mark on it snapped.. how the F do I get this out and where do I get a new one??
    20210615_164617.jpg20210615_164613.jpg

12. Banned
    Ok my paper work that came with boat has a trifold for the down vortex system but the caps on the hub says FDL not a V or Vortex?? WTF, LUCKILY I GOT THE THREADS out that snapped off in20210615_164617.jpg there I just need a new cap. Brand new boat not a blemish on the cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS34 View Post
    Pretty sure 2020 I would have to go look for sure. I just gave them the vin# and said the originals had FDL made into cap and the replacement that I had got had the Dexter and Vortex logo's on them and he said no problem how many do you want? 150 later and a few days they were in the mailbox.
    $150 for plastic caps that should be under warranty?

14. Banned
    I called the number on the phamplet per bass pro shops directions fr warranty, they told me they do not do those anymore and i need to call a number for dexter 9great job nitro for putting wrong information in my paperwork). all i got was a voice mail. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO REPLACE THESE THE BOAT IS 4 MONTHS OLD.

15. Member
    AA--

MJS34I I believe purchased that $150 aftermarket aluminum set from All Out Marine.....perhaps you didn't read that.

If you ordered your boat at TM at the BPS in Mesa, reach out to Jerry and he will order a correct set for you. No cost.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AZcal2021 View Post
    AA--

MJS34I I believe purchased that $150 aftermarket aluminum set from All Out Marine.....perhaps you didn't read that.

If you ordered your boat at TM at the BPS in Mesa, reach out to Jerry and he will order a correct set for you. No cost.
    yes ordered through BPS Mesa..tyvm

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AZcal2021 View Post
    AA--

TYVM I called jerry he has em. he doesnt know if he can send me 4 but 2 for sure that are cracked. Hopefully they send me 4 so they match im afraid to try to unscrew the others to move em to same side of trailer..lol

18. Member
    I have one wheel with a streak of grease running down it. Is this a sign of a cracked cap. Mine are ones with a big V in the center. From what I'm reading here those may be a different thread?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I have one wheel with a streak of grease running down it. Is this a sign of a cracked cap. Mine are ones with a big V in the center. From what I'm reading here those may be a different thread?
    That is my understanding. They seem to be plentiful on ebay last time I looked.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

20. Member
    I understand a service bulletin may be coming out so contact your dealer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast