Trailer brake bleeding.

If you are bleeding brakes on your trailer with a Dexter/UFP actuator you need this bleeder. Trust me if you have tried to do this any other way you will thank me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Pressur....m46890.l49286

2. Member
    The maker has a comprehensive list that covers him in the case that you screw his device up he won;t cover it. He also has the boilerplate California warning at the end:
    Warning. Everything sold into the state of California contains agents known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects, reproductive harm, or other, as yet unnamed, harm to its citizenry.

I have this one. Also have one for gm and one for Chrysler vehicles love them
    https://www.jegs.com/i/Motive+Produc...SABEgL9Q_D_BwE
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    If you can screw up something as simple as that you should not be working on brakes.

5. mikesxpress
    The Harbor freight one has worked for many years for me. *You don't need to thank me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The Harbor freight one has worked for many years for me. *You don't need to thank me.
    If it’s faster and easier than the type I posted I would love to see it because I have tried them all and nothing works better than the type I posted. Just trying to help someone out by making their life easier.

I just use my vacuum tester with the bleeder attachment. Use it on the trailer, change the brake fluid out in all my vehicles once a year. Flawless

Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    If you are bleeding brakes on your trailer with a Dexter/UFP actuator you need this bleeder. Trust me if you have tried to do this any other way you will thank me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Pressur....m46890.l49286
    Looks like it should work nicely. Does the adapter that fits into the A60 have a rubber seal to keep it from leaking where it mates to the actuator
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    I just use my manual pump oil extractor for bleeding brakes. I use a short piece of silicone tubing to slide over the bleeder and the extractor hose. Can be used on any vehicle, also really nice for some small engine oil changes. Use it to drain diffs and transmissions.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Looks like it should work nicely. Does the adapter that fits into the A60 have a rubber seal to keep it from leaking where it mates to the actuator
    There is already a rubber seal in there. The adapter fits ver snug and there is a c clamp that holds it in. I have used three different types of vacuum bleeders they work ok. This one is quicker cleaner and does a better job.

11. Scraps
    I know Ranger would bleed the new trailers this way. Makes sense. I always seem to do better just using the actuator and push the fluid through rather than sucking it through from each caliper.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I know Ranger would bleed the new trailers this way. Makes sense. I always seem to do better just using the actuator and push the fluid through rather than sucking it through from each caliper.

One thing good about using the actuator and building pressure first———— I found a brake line leak that way. I bled the brakes several times by pulling the fluid through—— leak didn’t show up that way.

13. Member
    How in the world does this adapter seal without a gasket of some sort? I see the clamp but I have to wonder if it wouldn’t leak with metal to metal seating surfaces
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    How in the world does this adapter seal without a gasket of some sort? I see the clamp but I have to wonder if it wouldn’t leak with metal to metal seating surfaces
    Asked and answered above
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

15. Member
    I have a similar one but they clamp on this one looks like it is easier to use.