Finally Some Deep Fish Showing Up At Clinton

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452989[/ATTACH
    I've still been battling my back pain issues and I've only been fish'n a couple hours every other day with most of that time spent idling and graphing. The fish'n has been really slow for about 10 days now but today I finally started to see some small schools of fish on some of my deep waypoints. It's always really good when they first start showing up, so its gonna be fun for the next week or so if we can get some bright bluebird days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's hoping that you can get up on 'em and show them a little fresh air. Sorry to hear about the back issues. I know that is no fun - but it can't keep a good man down. Good Fishing.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

3. Member
    I expect some morning texts with offshore bass pics!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    . Yep

Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Here's hoping that you can get up on 'em and show them a little fresh air. Sorry to hear about the back issues. I know that is no fun - but it can't keep a good man down. Good Fishing.
    Thank you Sir. I appreciate that. I had a fairly catastrophic injury back in 1997 when I was still working as a Police Officer. That injury resulted in a couple different back surgeries and I was relatively well (my spine anyway, lol) for the next 24+ years up until a couple months ago when I managed to rupture 2 more discs while throwing some scrap iron into our recycle bin...(I know...not nearly as exciting as the gunfight in the attic that caused the first one, lol. I am being treated at the Carle Spine Institute in Urbana and thankfully I have seen (and felt) some improvement in the past week.

Roger that buddy! You ought to just come on down here for a day. We can use my boat and I'll just sit on the back deck in the geezer chair while you run the front.

7. Member
    Let me know a Friday that works and we'll make it happen. I'm assuming I need some deep cranks with this TW sale coming up?

We seem to have more than fishing in common. 2019 I had 3 different procedures including a spinal fusion which installed a titanium bracket in the lumbar area. I still have issues there. Many years "on the job" but did not get shot .... Thanks for being on watch. Now, I hope you often feeling the tap on your line and the joy of life.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Let me know a Friday that works and we'll make it happen. I'm assuming I need some deep cranks with this TW sale coming up?
    Ok, I'll text you later tonight. Yeah deep cranks, football jig and C- rig. I caught a few last night on a big hair jig too, but I e got a bunch of those in the boat.

10. Member
    I'm new to fishing Clinton, only been a couple of times. Is there a decent amount of brush piles, or any other deep structure in the lake? I'll be heading out there this weekend for a day. Probably beat the bank since I don't know much about the lake yet, but am interested in learning what is out there to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by kdubracing View Post
    I'm new to fishing Clinton, only been a couple of times. Is there a decent amount of brush piles, or any other deep structure in the lake? I'll be heading out there this weekend for a day. Probably beat the bank since I don't know much about the lake yet, but am interested in learning what is out there to look for.
    There is some deep brush that has been planted and also a lot of PVC structure that has been planted. I havent found many fish relating to that stuff yet, they normally dont get on that stuff relly good until late June or after several hot, sunny days. Most of the deep fish that ive been catching lately have been just starting to show up on "hard spots" that are either near mainlake points or on roadbeds that lead in/out of spawning coves. It doesnt even have to involve any sort of ledge or drastic depth change, I just look for the really bright spots on my graph in those areas and if dont see fish on Downscan, I always Idle around it with Sidescan and that will show the fish (if any) that are hanging close to it. Then its just a matter of locking down and casting over it. I normally cast a C-rig or 3/4 ounce football jig ALL around the boat on these spots because you will often feel another "scratchy" spot that you didnt see on your graph and then THUMP!!

12. Member
    Thanks