Thread: Glide Baits

Glide Baits

What are some good glide baits to try? I have just started throwing an Ima fluke glide bait and wanting to add another to try. Primary forage is shad and most of the time I fish on the Tennessee River. Max price would be $100 for now. Any thoughts on the Storm Arashi? What about floating compared to slow sinking?

2. Member
    River2Sea S-Waver

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/River2Sea_S-Waver/descpage-R2SW.html

3. Member
    G ratt sneaky Pete. Bull glide.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

4. Scraps
    S-Waver is about the easiest most affordable one I've tried. The Storm one, $$$er, but has a good rep. Gonna try that one next.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Another vote for the River2Sea S-Wavier... I like the 168. Reasonable price and easy to fish. If you’re new to them make sure you watch around the bait on the retrieve, many times fish will just tail the bait and not eat it. Can be a great search tool. Also look at the Molix line Carl Jocumsen throws, thinking it’s a 178.... I don’t have any left to look at, around here the big pike really like to steal them.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I will check out the S waver and sneaky Pete. I have had some followers on the Ima fluke but they won't eat it, not sure if its color or retrieve.

s waver 168 is a great bait and the savage gear shine glide is a phenomenal glide for the price

8. Member
    If you want to step up to custom baits Golden Belt Customs has some awesome baits ranging from 5.5”-9”. You can find them on Facebook. He recently posted pictures of most of his pain patterns so you’ll be able to see a good idea of what he can do.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyecrazy View Post
    If you want to step up to custom baits Golden Belt Customs has some awesome baits ranging from 5.5”-9”. You can find them on Facebook. He recently posted pictures of most of his pain patterns so you’ll be able to see a good idea of what he can do.
    He makes some awesome looking colors, I may have to try these as well. How's the action?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin fan09 View Post
    He makes some awesome looking colors, I may have to try these as well. How's the action?
    They really have great action to them. The little 5.5" is more of a "fast sink" than the rest of them and works really well on a quick twitchy retrieve. The bigger baits have more of a glide and slow sink to them, and can be fished in quite a few ways. I've had great luck with the 7" size "Harvester". It can do everything from a slow walk the dog retrieve subsurface, to a very fast burn retrieve without blowing out. I have 6 of his baits so far if that gives you an idea of how much I like them.

11. Member
    Check out Golden Belt Customs on FB. They are at the top of your price range.The owner,Mike Stacy makes,tests/ tunes and paints each one personally. They flat out catch fish. I have his 7 & 8" shads.

Edit post..I just saw Walleyecrazy's post. So +2 on those I would say. haha

Fishing Fan09....They swim phenomenal. They have a nice smooth glide to them and a slow sink rate that is spot on for a glide. I have his new Sickle and Reaper also been fishing his smaller Harvester shad for a year now.
    Last edited by jiggerjake; 05-28-2021 at 05:17 AM.