2015 sho 250 battery suggestions????

Ok so i just replaced all 3 trolling batteries

I dont want to skimp on ky starting battery
    As im running livescope, 3 big graphs, structure scan, etc.

Please give me yalls input what would be your battery of choice
    Please give me the make and model so i can find it. I dont mind spending the money as its a very important battery.

Thanks

2. Member
    Im in a similar situation with 3 screens livescope and 360. Im planning on getting a 125ah ionic lithium battery soon since the warranty on my SHO is expired. There are a few different board sponsors that sell them but I believe its recommended to call whoever you buy from to make sure the BMS is programmed in a way that is compatible with the sho.

3. Member
    I run a 100hp Relion on my '14 SHO with no issues.

John

4. Member
    100 ah M Tech is what Im running. Powers my 250 Sho, power polels, 4 graphs, livewells, etc... Its awesome

5. Member
    I think Yamaha, as Mercury, doesn't "agree" with a lithium starting battery. yam911, what say you?
    I have a Sam's 31 series Duracell AGM on my 250 SHO, but I only have 2 graphs and no poles to power.

6. Member
    Yamaha does not yet approve of lithium starting batteries. Or house starting batteries for all that I know.

Too many types with too many types of BMS' for them to say what will and will not work with their motors. They just don't know. Yet.

If a lithium battery was being used with a Yamaha motor and there was a problem with the motor, one might want to change the battery before taking it to a Yamaha dealer. Just to make sure no one accused the battery of causing the problem. Which I doubt that it would be the fault of the battery.

Many seem to be running lithium batteries on their SHO and other Yamaha models quite successfully.

This same thing applied to AGM and Gel lead acid batteries once upon a time. They were not approved. Despite being is use by many. Out of the blue Yamaha USA said it is OK to use them on certain types of motors. Why only certain types? I suspect because they were the only ones tested by Yamaha (more than likely the company that makes the rectifier/regulators for Yamaha).

7. Member
    I am also about to swap batteries. I already have lithium for the electronics. What size lithium would I need for starting and all day pumps?

8. Member
    Unless you really want a lithium a 31 series AGM battery is the way to go.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    I am also about to swap batteries. I already have lithium for the electronics. What size lithium would I need for starting and all day pumps?
    Check the specs for the lithium battery you are choosing and make sure it’s rated for motor starting applications. For instance the Relion RB100HP I use is rated for 800 amps draw for starting the motor. Many 100 AH lithium batteries are only rated for 200 amp draw.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

10. Member
    AGM X-2 battery at batteries plus Bulletproof

11. Member
    X2 31. Runs 2 helix 12's and 93 garmin, LS, 360, poles, and pumps on auto for 3/4 of the day. Make it through a full derby day no problems.

On the river we run the big motor a decent amount but have fished the same way on lakes and only started the motor 3 times and been fine
    Fish have fins, they swim

12. Member
    Pj- i wemt with a x2 as my 2nd house battery, did a perko switch
    I have a deko that was in boat agm, it is brand new so im just gonna use both.
    Trying to figure if i should run my livrecope to the x2 and leave the others like it is. I ran about 4 hours this weekend the livescope volatage went just under 11.9 so that worried me but that was without the x2

13. Member
    Black box draw is 1.75A (typical) 4.8A (Max) according the garmin spec sheet so it isn't any bigger power draw than a head unit. Since LS is also specd at 10-32V it's probably fine at 11.9.
    Fish have fins, they swim