Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Classic? Any New Elite Models?

Will Charger have any boats at the Bassmaster Classic in 3 weeks and are there any new Elite models coming out soon? Anyone know? Thanks!

I don't know why they call them Elite models. Why not call them what they are...Champions...

3. Member
    They had 2 boats at the classic last year. There are several people on this forum who know more than I do about “new” models but I think I remember seeing something about the 203? Should be about 2 wks out from hitting the showroom floors.
    2019 Charger 296
    2019 ProXS 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad_Wrangler View Post
    They had 2 boats at the classic last year. There are several people on this forum who know more than I do about “new” models but I think I remember seeing something about the 203? Should be about 2 wks out from hitting the showroom floors.
    Well, we've seen that "2 weeks" come and go many times. I was kind of wondering if the 203 might finally show up at the Classic. You would think a high profile event would be the time to put it out there before the public.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    2 more weeks

6. Member
    I agree. It’d be a great time to drop something new if they’ve had it in the works and if it’s ready.
    2019 Charger 296
    2019 ProXS 4S

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I don't know why they call them Elite models. Why not call them what they are...Champions...
    They were Champion xxx Elite models. My 201 was an Elite and the 210 is an Elite. Champion also had CX or Tournament models of most their line that were less optioned. Think Charger also has the 198 & 210 CX models. The Champion name though belings to Johnny Morris / White River Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    They were Champion xxx Elite models. My 201 was an Elite and the 210 is an Elite. Champion also had CX or Tournament models of most their line that were less optioned. Think Charger also has the 198 & 210 CX models. The Champion name though belings to Johnny Morris / White River Marine.
    It was a rhetorical question. That being said, my next boat won't be a Charger. If they're not loyal to their longtime Charger customers, I won't be loyal to them. They haven't updated the 596 top cap since 2000. Not buying a boat with a 21 year old top cap, and I don't want a Champion. Don't get me wrong, I think my 596 has a great hull, good storage and fishability. But there sure is a lot of cool bells and whistles on some boats being made now, that also have a good ride. I also get why he they started the Champion line, Champion were well like boats, and it was a smart move financially I suppose.
    Last edited by Stompy; 05-30-2021 at 06:07 PM.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I don't disagree, John. Remember, Kelly Power at Ulrich Marine is driving the Champion hulls, not the Dorrises. I would think they are still loyal to their designs. But I agree some updates are in order. Even the 210 is a 15yr old design and the changes Charger made to them didn't address large in-dash electronics/console redesign. Going to separate livewells, I also didn't see as a plus. The removable divider has been a plus the times I've had long fish. The foot block on the passenger side is in the way and a trip hazard if the passenger console is out. Also heard the drawers the put in those blocks break easily so I could live without those.

10. Member
    Could not agree more. Charger did not design the 210 or 198 or the 203. What is sad is they updated there web site and call the Champions the ELITE SERIES & Charger fiberglass boats. The company does not showcase there boats as premium bass boats. In my opinion they have lost all interest in customer loyalty.

11. Member
    We all know how many boats Charger builds a year - not many in comparison to the major brands. But when you have a customer come to you and say I will take 100 boats if you will build them, what would you do? The Elite series is no different than the guide series, the river skiff, or center console boats they make. All of those boats took time out of true Charger development. A little over a year ago, TOC posted something to the effect of "what are we looking for? Joe is listening?". There were several responses, but how many people are ready to buy if these changes are made? I would be willing to bet that if Joe had an order for 10 596's, he would consider making the changes necessary to bring these boats up to date. I could be wrong?

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I bet you're right, Mike

There's a flip side. If he would upgrade the top cap he may get more orders. Not going to sell many with a 21 year old top cap.
    We all know that PlayCraft is their money maker, I don't think they're too concerned about us old die hard Charger guys. That's sad, but ok, I'll move along. I being a longtime business owner understand about the almighty dollar.

I sometimes wonder if Charger even knows how good the 596 hull is. I've been in all the top brands and several 210's. The 596 has a great dry ride along with speed with 0 chine at any speed (had mine to 76). If they would upgrade the top cap I wouldn't consider another boat. I think if they would do that and market it more that they would sell more.

15. Member
    Just wondering if, since BassCat came out with a 203 boat, what would Charger bring to the table other than the original top cap, since BCB put their own top cap layouts on it? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about them bringing one out!
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    No matter what the boat looks like I ain’t destroying my back and kidneys for a cool looking boat.There’s always been better looking better layout etc but ride is a totally different area for me.Watch a lot of videos and there’s boats that should not be out in 6 inch chop and charger has always had that pillow soft ride .

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Hey some folks like running the 5 inch graphs in the dash!!!!

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Remember 5 inch shit guys won’t even think about a 480 eagle now how time have changed

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I sometimes wonder if Charger even knows how good the 596 hull is. I've been in all the top brands and several 210's. The 596 has a great dry ride along with speed with 0 chine at any speed (had mine to 76). If they would upgrade the top cap I wouldn't consider another boat. I think if they would do that and market it more that they would sell more.
    I got to meet Joe and Kelly at the expo Friday. I mentioned upgrading the top caps of the 496 and 596 after they get the 203 out, he said if he knew they would sell enough to justify it economically. They would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbgsig View Post
    I got to meet Joe and Kelly at the expo Friday. I mentioned upgrading the top caps of the 496 and 596 after they get the 203 out, he said if he knew they would sell enough to justify it economically. They would consider it.
    I'd do a lot of things if I knew. He's got folks telling him that if he'd do it they would be interested in one. I just don't understand that answer...well, maybe I do. He only wants to invest in a sure thing I guess. Sure things are very hard to come by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast