Thread: Neuse/Trent

Neuse/Trent

Looking for some help on the Neuse/Trent...fished there many years ago didn't have much luck. Can someone give me some pointers or help? Would be greatly appreciated.

2. Banned
    Never been there myself so i am no help.

3. Member
    run all the way up the neuse to kinston... yeah i wish i knew them rivers down there better.. have had fun on roanoke, chowon, scuppernog, perquimans.. cape fear in wilmington.. just wish i knew how to catch the bigger fish down that way.. the couple times i fished the trent neuse was tough for bass of any size, caught plenty of reds.. i always heard the guys going up did the best but im sure they are in the new bern area also.. beautiful scenery down there though

I've fished throughout the New Bern area in my kayak over the years and done well on worms and super flukes. Never landed anything "big." Biggest was about 5 lbs out of pond in Fairfield Harbor area, the rest in the 2-3 lb range.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Thanks I have also heard that guys running up towards Kinston have done good.....just not sure if I want to run all that way.

6. Member
    yeah i i wouldnt unless a big tournament.... that takes away from the beauty of fishing the trent/neuse area.. wish i knew more about it too.. i know its bounced back though, last time i fished those rivers they were heavily effected by the hurricanes.