Thrasher Rod Blanks

Anyone built on the Magic Wands or Steadfast Thrasher blanks? Was considering ordering a BSC7807 for a punch rod.

Was also looking at the Steadfast, which they market as their HM line of rods for bass. However they list as similar to "Bushido, Rainshadow Revelation..." I certainly wouldn't consider the revelation line up to be high modulus (in a loose sense of the meaning). If it was more comparable to the Immortal or Eternity, then okay.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

2. Member
    Rarely do blank manufacturers compare blanks by their modulus.

3. Member
    I've built a lot of Thrashers, when I first found them I bought 1 of each power BSC's. Ones I've bought more of are the 7803 (crankbaits), 7804 (swim jigs), 7805 (swim jigs, frogs and swing heads) 7806 (frogs) and the 7808 (swimbaits up to maybe 5 oz). I've also built a few of the STEADS610MLXF which is a fantastic dropshot blank.

The 7807 would make a nice punch rod. I'd consider them "fairly" sensitive but it's definitely not up there with higher end blanks. Where the BSCs shine IMO is with moving baits or frogs, they are VERY durable and you can haul in a nice fish and a basket of weeds with no worries. They're also more mod/fast than fast which I like.

I'm pretty sure I have a STEADC710H at home because I bough a few of the STEADs but haven't built them all. I'll check when I get home.

I think I might have some.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I think I might have some.
    One of the ones I sent you might have been a 7805 or 7806. I know I sent you a Rod Geeks H Sglass and that last NFC for sure.

6. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I've also built a few of the STEADS610MLXF which is a fantastic dropshot blank
    Why you do this to me? You know I'm a sucker for MLXF blanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I've built a lot of Thrashers, when I first found them I bought 1 of each power BSC's. Ones I've bought more of are the 7803 (crankbaits), 7804 (swim jigs), 7805 (swim jigs, frogs and swing heads) 7806 (frogs) and the 7808 (swimbaits up to maybe 5 oz). I've also built a few of the STEADS610MLXF which is a fantastic dropshot blank.

The 7807 would make a nice punch rod. I'd consider them "fairly" sensitive but it's definitely not up there with higher end blanks. Where the BSCs shine IMO is with moving baits or frogs, they are VERY durable and you can haul in a nice fish and a basket of weeds with no worries. They're also more mod/fast than fast which I like.

I'm pretty sure I have a STEADC710H at home because I bough a few of the STEADs but haven't built them all. I'll check when I get home.
    Great feedback... I was looking at the 7806 as well and that STEAD610MLXF caught my eye... seems like a powerful ML blank.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    Why you do this to me? You know I'm a sucker for MLXF blanks!
    You'll like it Scott, it performs way better than you'd expect from a $55 blank.