Question Great Herring and West Monponset?

I was checking out a few places on maps, I have not been, yes I am trying to go over the Bridge, I have a passport to leave the Cape.

Great Herring, if that little lot is full where do you Park??? It looks like pretty interesting pond, but that ramp looks a bit sketchy.

West Monponset- I was looking at the map, can you go through the culvert to East pond? Looks like a decent ramp too.

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    GH is a nightmare unless your there 1st and parking and launching is rather tough...lol West Mopo is got a nice ramp with dock and parking but can be a little fubar when all the people who don't know how to park or back up a boat show up...lol you cannot go through the culvert unless maybe your in a crawdad
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Twitch Thank you and appreciated.....

Is there two entrances to West Monponsett parking lot? otherwise it looks like it could be a pain with coming off the road right were the ramp is, where is the stage/derigging? Morning must be fun tournament time. Google earthing it for pictures. I usually like to look before I go and sometimes take the car, and look.

I have no clue how they could have a tournament on Great Herring if there is not other parking......and I could see me getting there early and when I want to leave being blocked in...... it happed on Johns the other day...... guy parked down low with a trailer for a 24ft center console.... had to go find him to move it.

WM - Shouldn't have any unusual parking problems and decent ramp and parking lot and no problem coming off the road into lot.
    GH - Buddy was just there Sunday with his 521 and no issues, a little tight parking but if you have room it should be ok.
    John's - Yes, it only takes one to screw it up for all.

Thanks Paul,

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Sunday was a nightmare at West Mopo we had a 15 boat tourney and all the yahoo's came out because of the weather being so hot, ski boats and jet skis ,even some kayakers not knowing how or where to park and people around the ramp ,they just don't get it's not a beach and don't have a clue usually not a problem....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Sunday was a nightmare at West Mopo we had a 15 boat tourney and all the yahoo's came out because of the weather being so hot, ski boats and jet skis ,even some kayakers not knowing how or where to park and people around the ramp ,they just don't get it's not a beach and don't have a clue usually not a problem....
    Exactly why I rarely fish weekends anymore.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Same here Cap

2009 ELITE 210

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Exactly why I rarely fish weekends anymore.
    Yep.....many nights its just me on cape ponds at night. Weekends, nope, but Sunday nights can be good.