New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Post spawn Fishing any tips

Now that most of the spawn is over what is everyones go to baits and tips for catching big bass???? Before they go to there summer patterns?
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Buzzbaits for me covers a lot of water kind of poking the bear a little great blowups and the big girls eat them

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy albert View Post
    Buzzbaits for me covers a lot of water kind of poking the bear a little great blowups and the big girls eat them
    Same for me. Good mix of top water (buzz baits, whopper plogger, spook, BIG wake baits ), and then a good mix of big moving baits too. I love this window where they're aggressive from fattening back up to recover from the spawn, working hard to guard fry, and then smoking the bluegill as they start to work into their spawn period.

I've got a few BIG swimbaits I did well on last year that I'll continue to work on hard again now. Frog, jig, spinnerbait, chatterbait, they're all in the mix. I start fishing a lot faster now, covering tons of water, and poking at every last bit of structure I can find.

Devils horse, Boy Howdy, dying flutter, Tiny Torpedo, wood chopper, Plopper, buzzbait, spook. Pop-r, Rico. trick-worm, Fluke. Cover water the fish are not grouped up, hammer down, and look for cruisers. Guarders are pretty susceptible to topwater. Caught a couple cruisers I spotted last week on a Heddon dying flutter. can be feast or famine, but when its on its a blast.