Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Do they still list to the port side? For not building very many boats to date, there are a lot of 1 year old used Caymas on the market. 6 months ago, it was the only boat on the market, all others had been sold out, and had to be ordered. Yet, you could find many Caymas for sale. When you say it is better than a Basscat (not a cat owner) you either do not know boat building processes or a true fan boy to justify your purchase. Either way, your opinion can not be taken seriously. Ken chose a better boat in his opinion. Why get upset about it? It doesn't effect your love of a Caymas. Quit worrying about others opinions. And for what its worth - a lot of bad reviews on the drivability of the Caymas.

2. Banned
    I do not own a Caymas and probably never will, Caymas has been making drastic improvements each year and it has elevated the consumer interest. Not having many boats to date after being 2 years bfd my dude. Im Not upset about it just don't agree with Kens opinions not really worried about them either because nonetheless people are going to buy what they want and either of these boats are going to make someone a happy angler. I did not specifically say it is a better boat I said its a better Tournament setup boat, much more friendly storage layout more room in the cockpit, easier to drive and more stable/level fishing platform as these features are far superior than the Bass Cat. Bass Cat is a very well made boat they know what they are doing but these are just obvious features that stand out. If you are unable to specifically with facts not opinions prove those points wrong you either don't know the boat building process or you are triggered by something I said. Like I said I dont own a Caymas but would bet I know that boat better than most besides the boys at the factory and have spent more time in one than most out there so Im not trying to justify a thing haha. Have you gotten to drive a Caymas? Because for what its worth I can drop both hands on those boats at WOT. Dont get upset or worry because of peoples opinions its not worth it man thats why they are opinions, just like Kens choice of boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFJB View Post
    Do they still list to the port side? For not building very many boats to date, there are a lot of 1 year old used Caymas on the market. 6 months ago, it was the only boat on the market, all others had been sold out, and had to be ordered. Yet, you could find many Caymas for sale. When you say it is better than a Basscat (not a cat owner) you either do not know boat building processes or a true fan boy to justify your purchase. Either way, your opinion can not be taken seriously. Ken chose a better boat in his opinion. Why get upset about it? It doesn't effect your love of a Caymas. Quit worrying about others opinions. And for what its worth - a lot of bad reviews on the drivability of the Caymas.
    Most of the issues I’ve heard about listing is when they didn’t have batteries in them other than a cranking battery. I believe there was a thread on here about it. Boats I’ve seen listed for sale mentioned new one on the way so not sure about brand switching. Drivability in the 21 is something I’ve not really heard of, all three of mine run 70 and drive straight. Could be an issue with the 20’s, they are somewhat faster and any boat that runs fast you have to drive even a basscat. Comment about availability is a stretch, my tournament partner ordered his 22 model in June, second Caymas coming from Ranger and he just Got it two weeks ago and Texas boat world couldn’t keep them on the lot when they did get some in.

4. Member
    It almost felt like Ken had an ax to grind with Earl Bentz, he basically called him out for selling his companies to make a profit, who gives a shit who owns the company as long as the product is good ? Also i believe Bass Cat was sold, am I wrong ? Ken was going with Bass Cat from the get go, I could care less about that, just did not like his explanation for dropping Caymas from the competition. I know that Bass Cat is a very well built boat, that being said there are several other boats that i would buy over a Bass Cat, number one reason is I just do not like the way they look, ford chevy.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Caymas is very nice probably one of the nicest on the market

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    It almost felt like Ken had an ax to grind with Earl Bentz, he basically called him out for selling his companies to make a profit, who gives a shit who owns the company as long as the product is good ? Also i believe Bass Cat was sold, am I wrong ? Ken was going with Bass Cat from the get go, I could care less about that, just did not like his explanation for dropping Caymas from the competition. I know that Bass Cat is a very well built boat, that being said there are several other boats that i would buy over a Bass Cat, number one reason is I just do not like the way they look, ford chevy.
    I used to watch his you tube alot. I dont anymore.

7. Member
    I watched most of Ken's reviews. I thought they gave a person looking at a particular model a much better look at the boat than watching a salesman do a walk thru video while the boat was setting in the show room. I seem to recall he rated the Caymas pretty high and overall liked the boat. He didn't like the low seats or the dash, I tend to agree with him on the dash. Caymas should provide some options if a person wanted gauges instead of a glove box. It's funny how People take criticism of a boat brand personal.

8. Member
    Ken, didnt like the push buttons on side planel or bow. Said buttons fail easier. Also said you might bump the trim or live well buttons at bow getting in and out. Said he like the 2 slam latches, didnt like the dash or seats, was a bit skeptical of Earl Benz selling off again. But he liked the boat over all.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Ken, didnt like the push buttons on side planel or bow. Said buttons fail easier. Also said you might bump the trim or live well buttons at bow getting in and out. Said he like the 2 slam latches, didnt like the dash or seats, was a bit skeptical of Earl Benz selling off again. But he liked the boat over all.
    He had the caymans rated the highest overall I think, he dropped it out because earl sold his companies, lame. It was his boat search for his boat so it really does not matter. He is doing a tin boat search now, not sure if he is in the market for one or just looking for likes.

10. Member
    He said he is looking to buy a tin boat, but his reviews are just his thoughts/opinions/likes/dislikes about the boats through the lens of his personal preferences.
    He had the caymans rated the highest overall I think, he dropped it out because earl sold his companies, lame. It was his boat search for his boat so it really does not matter. He is doing a tin boat search now, not sure if he is in the market for one or just looking for likes.
    Last edited by chatabass; 01-02-2022 at 07:41 PM.

11. Member
    Good lord y’all are abunch of high school girls worried about what a man does and wants to do to make HIM happy. Jesus people.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    He said he is looking to buy a tin boat, but his reviews are just his thoughts/opinions/likes/dislikes about the boats through the lens of his personal preferences.
    Absolutely, his boat his choice. Be interesting what he comes up with for the tin boat, I figured it would be the Vexus but that boat may be a little pricey for what he is wanting one for.

13. Member
    I think maybe he was looking for his own personal needs in his journey. But as viewers responded over time he begin looking at key features in just over all boat construction, build, trailers, for his viewers,tournament guys and weekenders. Lots of information to learn.

14. Member
    Absolutely, his boat his choice. Be interesting what he comes up with for the tin boat, I figured it would be the Vexus but that boat may be a little pricey for what he is wanting one for.
    Exactly, i would guess Keith would cut him a deal on a new V!!

15. Member
    I'm betting a Sea Ark will be the best. Sister company to Basscat. (Wink, Wink)

16. Member
    The Vegas odds aren't out yet but I'd bet he will buy a Crestliner. He wants one to take out his grandkids and maybe duck hunt, Vexus might be high end for a duck hunt

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    The Vegas odds aren't out yet but I'd bet he will buy a Crestliner. He wants one to take out his grandkids and maybe duck hunt, Vexus might be high end for a duck hunt
    If he doesn't pick a Lund, I seriously question his opinion.

18. Member
    Well it's his money to spend and if he doesn't fill comfortable buying a Caymas that's his decision. Earl can build the best bass boat for the next 10+ years but if he doesn't fill comfortable purchasing a Caymas he is the one who has to live with his decision no one else. Earl has shown he is a smart business man when it comes to boat companies. But he has also shown when a sum of money is offered he takes it and runs. If it wasn't for White Water Marine (Johnny Morris) there probably wouldn't be a Triton or a couple of other brands today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12