Carbon setup question

I just ordered 2 new carbon units from Bass Pro Shop and I also ordered the 3b1 transducer. They come with the standard 83/200 transducers.
    How should these 2 transducers be hooked up and I believe there are 2 channels on these units, which my last gen 3 units didn't have....

Thank you for your help,
    James Moore.

2. Member
    There are 2 sonar inputs on these. One is the standard 2D and the other is the structure input. You can run both the 2D and structure transducers if you'd like. The 3 in 1 has the 2D built in. So if you plan to use that then there's no need for the 83/200. If you don't have built in sonar on the trolling motor you could use the 83/200 there. Otherwise if you go with just the 3 in 1 then run a network cable between both units and both will read off that transducer.
    Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter james View Post
    I just ordered 2 new carbon units from Bass Pro Shop and I also ordered the 3b1 transducer. They come with the standard 83/200 transducers.
    How should these 2 transducers be hooked up and I believe there are 2 channels on these units, which my last gen 3 units didn't have....

Thank you for your help,
    James Moore.

I think only those $1500 HDS 12 Carbons come with 83/200 and not SI/DI.. still sounds good to me if you already have the 3-in-1

4. Member
    I believe the cable connection options are very similar between the two units; both have one sonar and one structure (side scan/down scan) connection. For the sonar to work on the 3n1 the transducer needs to be in the water all the time. That's usually not a good setup on a bass boat. Stumps will tear it off pretty quick (where I fish...) if set up that low on the transom.

Tom Gates, 2005 Triton TR196DC LE, 200 Opti