Thread: Led lighting

Led lighting

I want to add Led lighting in my compartments. Wiring part is pretty straight forward.

Im looking at the self adhesive led strip lights. I’m trying to figure out which brand to buy.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    I personally bought these a couple of weeks ago. I havent gotten to installing or measuring them yet to make sure they fit. I'm going to put a pair in the rod locker, 1 on each side. And 1 in each front compartment. I was thinking along the center side.

I havent looked at the wiring just yet though but my understanding is, there's already wires running from the driver side console to the front left compartment, where a 2nd console would be at. I was just going to use that wire to power 4 strips, which hopefully shouldnt be too much draw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXR799K...roduct_details

3. Member
    I bought the Bass Pro house brand, they work great.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...lighting-strip

Wiring was simple I bought some rubber grommets for where I drilled through the compartments.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

4. Member
    Question for the 1880 owners with LED lights in there compartments, how many holes were needed in order to make a clean install for the front compartments only? Thank you in advance.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    I think you need to do a step by step, with pictures, when you install yours Bob! Then maybe they can sticky the thread for us all to refer back to.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

6. Member
    Hey Lou22 - It looks like you can get away with only having 3 holes if you use the rigging tube to come from the console into the starboard side storage compartment. This appears to be how mine was done.

NOTE:Keep all holes to the top rear corners of each box

From the starboard storage compartment enter the rod locker(Hole 1). Once inside the rod locker remove the rod butt step. From there you should be able to access the deck step/storage compartment (Hole 2). Go back into the rod locker, same hole, then go up the port side rear corner of the rod locker. Drill (Hole 3) into the port storage box.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White - 115 Mercury ProXS

Thanks guys. I ordered a few of these. Im going to use the factory switch at this point. My electronics genious friend suggested magnetic switches on the compartment lids. This way the lights will come one when the lids are opened.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQLNHSC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_Z6P4FRD9T0QC5R00V40P? _encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 05-24-2021 at 07:54 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TackletheDay View Post
    Hey Lou22 - It looks like you can get away with only having 3 holes if you use the rigging tube to come from the console into the starboard side storage compartment. This appears to be how mine was done.

NOTE:Keep all holes to the top rear corners of each box

From the starboard storage compartment enter the rod locker(Hole 1). Once inside the rod locker remove the rod butt step. From there you should be able to access the deck step/storage compartment (Hole 2). Go back into the rod locker, same hole, then go up the port side rear corner of the rod locker. Drill (Hole 3) into the port storage box.
    Thank you for the reply.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

9. Member
    I think I did it with 2 holes, one between the port box and rod locker, and one between the locker and starboard. I removed the "steps" inside the rod locker and drilled the holes and ran the wires in that area.lights.jpg
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

10. Member
    Nice job zaprod71!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope