Rend lake navigational help

Wanting to get info mostly on the north end of the lake, east and west sides. From around Turnip patch ramp and to the north on west side. And from Ina ramp and to the north on the east side of lake. Just like to try figure out where I can run and where not to. Thanks

2. Member
    I was just up the west side from TP up the the railroad tracks. There are really no stumps visible right now to run by. So much of the timber has broke off over the years so it makes it harder to run. That being said. I saw guys coming out of TP boat ramp and just heading right down the bank north. Some were running it. Pretty much the islands of willows are only thing to go by right now. We idled straight through what should be timber north of TP into that big neck. Never hit a thing. Really think you are ok to just fast idle right up that west bank as far as you want. If you know that end of lake, just go where you think is right and take off. Just kidding.
    Last edited by DylanSam; 05-24-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Put her on pad and just try to avoid all of the lower units that have been ripped off before. Lol. Seriously though...I've got a GPS trail saved that I know is safe for a fast idle almost all the way to the RR at normal pool, but I still dont have the balls to run it much North of the Patch on the west side and not much past Ina on the Bonnie side.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    I was just up the west side from TP up the the railroad tracks. There are really no stumps visible right now to run by. So much of the timber has broke off over the years so it makes it harder to run. That being said. I saw guys coming out of TP boat ramp and just heading right down the bank north. Some were running it. Pretty much the islands of willows are only thing to go by right now. We idled straight through what should be timber north of TP into that big neck. Never hit a thing. Really think you are ok to just fast idle right up that west bank as far as you want. If you know that end of lake, just go where you think is right and take off. Just kidding.
    Aaron, No way you made it up there on Saturday in that rig!!! (LOL)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-A Bassin View Post
    Hell no! I was up there on Friday. I’d probably still be up there if I went Saturday. No running motor, no trolling motor, and taking on water!

6. Member
    Thanks for the help. I have a new boat (new to me) with a hydraulic jack plate so I'll run it up and pucker tight and hope for the best! LOL

7. Member
    Grab you a Hot Spots Map of Rend Lake. It will help give you an idea where you can run and where you need to go slow.

Haha....Ole Aaron's co-angling nightmare will be talked about for years!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampseed View Post
    Thanks for the help. I have a new boat (new to me) with a hydraulic jack plate so I'll run it up and pucker tight and hope for the best! LOL
    Let us know how that works out for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampseed View Post
    Thats right brother...grip it and rip it!! Keep a marker buoy in your hand so you can toss it over your shoulder in case you need to come back with a canoe to look for your new jackplate.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    There will be people tubing this weekend all over the North end of Rend that have no clue what's under them. When it hits the 407.7 mark you need to know your way around. Growing up there & being on Rend regularly I never thought you would be able to look north of Ina or, Turnip Patch & not see a stump, at any water level. Mother Nature has really changed Rend around the last 20 years.

12. Member
    There will be people tubing this weekend all over the North end of Rend that have no clue what's under them. When it hits the 407.7 mark you need to know your way around. Growing up there & being on Rend regularly I never thought you would be able to look north of Ina or, Turnip Patch & not see a stump, at any water level. Mother Nature has really changed Rend around the last 20 years.
    Yup, gone are the years like back in 1976 when you could just hit the channel or fire trails and run. Too bad things change, but life goes on.