Outdoor Wifi advice (again!)

Ok, trying to get wifi to open patio approx 75' from corner of my house. Router is located on other end of house about 70' on diagonal. I've ran a ethernet cable from router, through attic, to end of house facing patio. So, would a wireless access point or wireless bridge be better? I've got to get this fixed quickly, my granddaughters are giving poppa to stink eye!
    Thanks.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you happen to have an old router/modem with wifi from an ISP, you can use that. I have one in my shop and it works very well and cost nothing.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I don't know what you have for a router. Be sure it is capable of your requirements before spending money on a bridge or anything else.
    I have an Orbie with an extender. I get awesome wifi in my shop, it is in the backyard 460 feet from the router. The extender is in one of the shop windows.
    https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/rbk752-1/

I bought a WiFi extender from target for around $50 and now I have WiFi on my back porch, back yard, and all the way to my shop. Took 5 minutes to get running.

5. Banned
    A mesh system with a wired back-haul via the Ethernet cable you installed will give you the most uninterrupted,fastest system out there.

6. Member
    mesh is the way to go. any electric at the patio? i have house pool are, shed, and big barn all on a mesh system
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    I added a Ubiquiti AC Pro in our sunroom and have wifi covering our entire patio and pool area. I have almost full signal at approx 70 feet from the access point. I also have one Nano HD at either end of the house, works very well.