2021 Mercury 300 L Verado

I have a pontoon ordered that has the 2021 Mercury 300 Verado outboard on it. I’ve had a couple people say that I should change motors while it’s still in production. Also, they couldn’t give me a direct answer as to why I should change the Verado. Might be a lot of hearsay that they’re going by and passing on bad information. So I figure you guys would know of any issues or no issues with the Verado outboard.....thanks
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    I ran proxs for years until the vrod came out on ranger walleye boats - 619,620s,621s. Ran 250, 300, and 350 vrods. New boat every 3 years. Had the 350 inline 6s last few boats. I have a new 2021 jag with the 300 vrod v8. I have a 219 yarcraft on order - with a 300v8 vrod also. Picked that over the 350/400 vrod. Exceeds my expectations. Massive amount of torque. Midsection perfect for a heavy boat. and power steering also.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    300 Verado V-8 is perfectly suited to a pontoon boat. More than likely, the person(s) you're talking to aren't familiar enough to know that you're discussing one of the latest Verado's.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I’m running a V8 Verado on my Tritoon, and absolutely love it ! Low end torque is phenomenal ! Fuel economy is great as well. Quite as a church mouse ! I think you’ll be pleased.