2004 Stratos 20XL 225 Yamaha HPDI

My bud has this boat and it is in great shape. It is equipped with a 80 lb Fortrex, two Helix 9's, hydraulic jackplate, and three new batteries. I think he has around 425 hours on the motor.

He is considering selling it but is not sure about what it is worth.

What do the BBC Stratos experts think it is worth?

2. Member
    With boat and RV prices it will be higher than normal values. How old are the helix 9's? What gen 3 or 4?
    How old is the equipment on the boat?
    Brakes work on trailer?
    Fuel filters and injectors been replaced / checked?
    How old are the tires?
    Many things to ask and know before purchasing a boat.
    I would guess range, $20,000 to $22,000.

3. Member
    I may be wrong, but i'd think 20 to 22 would be high even if it's had an average 50 hours a year use with it being a 17 soon to be 18 year old boat. Am i wrong in my thinking?

4. Member
    It's it a 200xl? It should be for a 2004. Around 20-22 is probably close. I sold a 2003 200pro xl with225 ox66 for 18,500. I priced it at 21,500, and had it sold in a week. This was back in January, before prices went full stupid. I fully believe I would've got full asking price, but I had already bought a newer Phoenix, and had a baby due the next week, so I didn't want to hold out for a few thousand difference. Mine was in great shape, with x4 lowrance, ss ultrex, and Atlas plate. Hope that helps.
    Phoenix 919/Sho 225/solix 15s/ultrex/blades

5. Member
    Boat prices are up from 2019 and range for used ones anywhere 15 to 30 percent depending on the brand.

6. Member
    It has Gen 2 Helix units. Tires are about 2 years old and the brakes work fine. The Fortrex is about 2 years old. He has his motor serviced every year by one of the best mechanics near Lake Lanier and they do replace required fuel filters as needed. The boat has always been garaged kept and is in great shape. It does have a couple of scratches here and there. Thanks!

7. Member
    Scratches for that age is normal as long as not more than scratches and bad dock or rock rash. The price is about what one would sell a boat like that for.

8. Member
    My bud sold his boat to the first person who actually looked at it in person.