Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2021 Daiwa Zillion SV TW G

I am a Tatula Elite fanatic when it comes to my reels. Love the Long Cast and the Pitch &Flip models so much they are about all I use. I got my hands on the new Zillion SV TW G in the 100XH model and all I can say is I am impressed. I was a huge fan of the OG Zillions back in the day but this new version is probably gonna take that honor. Visually its a great looking reel but performance wise it is off the charts good. I might have to grab a few more especially for pitching.

2. Banned
    They are great reels. I’m up to 4 now.

And I’m not a fan of Tatulas. None of them. But the new zillion does a lot of things right.

3. Member
    Just got one from Japan last week as my first Daiwa reel ever being a only Shimano guy from the beginning. I'm liking mine so far, although I did order another Metanium from Japan and got it this week. Thinking of putting the Zillion on a P5 Dark Sleeper and getting a NRX+ 893 for the Metanium.

4. Member
    When shops can actually keep them in stock I might be tempted to grab a bunch. Seem like a perfect "workhorse" reel for doing basically everything.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

5. Member
    A Shimano only guy and just got my first Daiwa, it's the new Zillion SV TW that you have but I ordered it from Digitaka and I too am very impressed

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    When shops can actually keep them in stock I might be tempted to grab a bunch. Seem like a perfect "workhorse" reel for doing basically everything.
    Tackle Trap got some.

VanDam Warehouse has some in stock as well
    Last edited by moochy28; 05-24-2021 at 06:02 PM.

8. Member
    im a shimano guy used to be a revo guy back in the day on the first gen ones lol. having mostly shimano reels i bought a sv103 and really liked it so i got a few tatulas and certate lt which i really like. i ended up getting the new zillion and putting on a megabass p5 x bites and have to say i love the combo ill probably pick a few more up as well its been a great reel so far.

9. Member
    Used mine this past weekend and I love it! Palms really well/comfortable. Not big or small in my hand. Mine is paired with MB Orochi xx Diablo R. Pulled two nice 3 lbers with ease!

10. Member
    I ordered 2 last night! Going to toss them on my Ottomat and OneTen special.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

11. Member
    Just got mine in from Amazon Japan yesterday. Think it's the last straw over to the all Daiwa team. The new Alphas SV TW and this new Zillion are absolutely NUTS in regards to build and quality.

12. Member
    What type of applications are best with the Zillion?? I love the Tatula SV for short precise casting and skipping. But if I need to bomb a cast its not the best reel.

13. Banned
    I use mine for skipping, flipping, pitching, frogging (skipping frogs is so easy with the zillion SV), shakey head skipping, anything other than bombing cast and BFS applications.

I have been pitching and flipping with mine. Still weird to hear the audible drag......

15. Member
    I think this will be my next reel
    Red Sox in 6!

16. Member
    I have a decent amount of time on mine. I have the 7 gear. Daiwa has done a really good job with this reel. It is a fantastic all around reel. Super smooth. Great casting distance and ergonomics. I have used mine for paddle tail swimbaits, cranking traps in grass, pitching soft plastics and dragging football jigs. I did switch my handle out to a carbon fiber 90 with the I shape knobs. It’s a great all around reel and one of my favorite reels in the arsenal.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I have been pitching and flipping with mine. Still weird to hear the audible drag......
    Yeah, I'm using mine on my ALX Toadface for swim jigs and...that's a new experience.

18. Member
    Definitely a game changer from daiwa. Super solid and smooth

19. Member
    I’ve had one since December and really like it. I have never cared for the audible drag since they put it in reels back in 2017 and always remove it. I do like the boost spool. Not much different pitching than many other sv spools ive used but casting is less choked off on longer casts . I do prefer the recessed dial on than steez sv tw/a rather than the underside. It shares the exact same gearing (jdm model) as the steez A and morethan. Very smooth reels.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    I’ve had one since December and really like it. I have never cared for the audible drag since they put it in reels back in 2017 and always remove it. I do like the boost spool. Not much different pitching than many other sv spools ive used but casting is less choked off on longer casts . I do prefer the recessed dial on than steez sv tw/a rather than the underside. It shares the exact same gearing (jdm model) as the steez A and morethan. Very smooth reels.
    Yeah, I wanted to update and actually compare it to the long cast Tatula Elite reels than any other SV reel I've used. I've certainly fallen in love with it. Now I just gotta talk myself out of buying a Steez (my SS SV doesn't count).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast