Thread: Cmap

Cmap

Can anyone tell me if I purchase the CMap card for South Carolina if it will have all of Lake Hartwell on it? Just wondering because the cards are sold by state and technically the lake is in South Carolina and Georgia. Also if its a good map or should I go Navionics? THANKS!!!!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you have time before your event order a paper lake map from Kingfisher maps in Seneca SC about $15 that way you can study the lake before you get here. Great maps.

Border lakes listed are on in full. They don't put the SC side on the SC chip and the GA side on the GA chip. Be interesting to see if a GA chip ever comes out. My understanding is Navico let the survey team go so....

4. Member
    Clarks Hill, Russell, Hartwell are all in there. I went to Russell a few weeks ago with the new cmap and everything looked great..... until I got on the water. They need to do more quality control, example I stopped on a main lake point that on the map it said came out like 75 yards and topped out at 5 feet. However, there was literally not a point there and where the map said I should be in 5 feet I was sitting in 30.... it was more like a bluff wall that fell sharp from the bank. Totally off. Saw other little misrepresentation through the day. It’s like they didn’t overlay the data correctly or something. Had to switch back to the navionic mapping. Greenwood and Murray seemed spot on though. I’ll see at Clark’s Hill next month
    Last edited by Xpress4Sho; 06-02-2021 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

5. Member
    So far so good at Clark Hill. Had it a few
    months now.58C6BC3D-8DED-443F-9F1B-0A1FFD10140E.jpeg
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest