Thread: Cumberland

Cumberland

How’s the bite? Gonna go Sunday

2. Member
    the plague from the north was rolling in today... weekends are getting about impossible
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

3. Member
    Bite has been great

4. Member
    Good bite happening but weekends are already almost scary dangerous. Seen several times 6 boats side by side coming up and down lake. Don't give the boat going opposite direction much room to pass. Boats everywhere last weekend. Makes the main lake almost unfishable

5. Member
    Anybody been at night?

6. Member
    Thanks gonna try it tomorrow

7. Member
    Trash everywhere today and idiots everywhere. Dangerous combo. Did manage some good largemouth early on a swim jig and frog. Was choking the frog around trash on shaded banks.

8. Member
    How was your day on Cumberland ?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky21xd View Post
    Trash everywhere today and idiots everywhere. Dangerous combo. Did manage some good largemouth early on a swim jig and frog. Was choking the frog around trash on shaded banks.
    Told ya the yankee plague had rolled in! I live 5 mins from the lake and most of the locals refuse to go on the weekends! Social media has destroyed our lake! Sad!

10. Member
    Social media and Corona has every lake packed.

11. Member
    Social media has destroyed everything.. its not just there its everywhere.. my local lakes man if you arent on the water by 5 and off by 9-10 max good luck.. even during the week its unreal.. covid and social media have caused the lakes to become ridiculous

12. Member
    Has anyone stripper fished out here b4?

13. Member
    Plenty when they're on the nite bite, but only went once this year. When the water gets to 70 or so i'm done because i can't stand to fight them then release them only to see them die. Just my choice in how i do it & have a blast when i can get on some good ones. I like taking people that have never been & see them catching them & getting torn up. I've created a bunch of monsters over the years.

14. Member
    Used to be a great striper lake!!! Live bait fishing has pretty much ruined it for the bigger class fish

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Used to be a great striper lake!!! Live bait fishing has pretty much ruined it for the bigger class fish
    Man Junior it was something in the early 80s for sure wasn't it? . I've told guys how much better it was & they just don't understand how it could be. Use to fish a lot of real cold days with the doll fly in winter & had no problem limiting out & a two person limit was 6 then. I remember being in the boat with two buddys one spring evening right before dark & saw 2 blow up on a top water right beside the boat. Buddy caught the obvoius little one & it weighted 46 lbs. The big one was way bigger.

16. Member
    No more lake trout equals no more giant striper. Why do you think the river still grows giants .

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Man Junior it was something in the early 80s for sure wasn't it? . I've told guys how much better it was & they just don't understand how it could be. Use to fish a lot of real cold days with the doll fly in winter & had no problem limiting out & a two person limit was 6 then. I remember being in the boat with two buddys one spring evening right before dark & saw 2 blow up on a top water right beside the boat. Buddy caught the obvoius little one & it weighted 46 lbs. The big one was way bigger.
    yes in the early 80's when i went bass fishing we would catch lots of trout, white bass, stripers, and walleye, a real mixed bag on a daily basis and lots and lots of fish. it really sucks now compared to that time period and its a shame a lot of folks will never get to experience how awesome it was.
    Ranger Forever

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    yes in the early 80's when i went bass fishing we would catch lots of trout, white bass, stripers, and walleye, a real mixed bag on a daily basis and lots and lots of fish. it really sucks now compared to that time period and its a shame a lot of folks will never get to experience how awesome it was.
    Yep. You mentioned trout well i remember catching them mixed in with the whites & walleyes under the old floating headlight thing we use to do years ago. Man that's been a long time ago when i was young , not fat & not one sprig of grey hair.