Thread: Indian Lake

Question Indian Lake

Anyone know of any tournaments tomorrow on Indian? Thanks!

2. Member
    likely 2-4 there sat and 2-3 there sunday--EVERY weekend
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Sounds like Mosquito Lake

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Cold day to fish,,,,big change in the weather.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

I have heard that they sprayed all the weeds and the fishing has been tough.

I don't understand why they don't dredge in the reserve area. If they don't do something soon, the fishing is going to continue to get worse.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    I have heard that they sprayed all the weeds and the fishing has been tough.

I don't understand why they don't dredge in the reserve area. If they don't do something soon, the fishing is going to continue to get worse.
    If true, it sounds like the same thing that happened to Clear Fork - sad situation there

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If they *didn’t* spray for weed control, in a couple of weeks you wouldn’t be able to navigate anywhere other than down the middle of the lake. A friend was headed south of the Acheson’s area a week ago and completely fouled his engine with weeds 100 yards outside the no-wake buoys. That’s a totally main-lake area with constant chop on the water, so you can imagine what the channels and backwaters look like. Of course, there’s always a “right” and “wrong” way to do weed control. If they killed all the coontail and pads on Indian, the fish wouldn’t have a lot to relate to or live in.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I agree that weed control is essential on Indian. I just think that chemicals can't be the only answer. The backwater areas are so shallow now from so many years of no dredging it's pretty scary. Last year I got stuck in the 'parallel' channel. It has totally filled in on the south end. Just killing the weeds is just adding more sedimentation to the already 3-4' of muck.

I see that the dredge is in the Moundwood channel again.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You make a great point, Kevin. I’m no expert on lake management, but dredging—despite being a little obstructive to traffic while underway—does seem like a better alternative than widespread chemical application. It’s not surprising that they would prioritize dredging at Moundwood, but it is disappointing. The Lucy’s area needs more dredging, everything in the North Channel and Acheson’s area, North Fork, behind Pony Island, and practically every channel of significant size/length. Of course, the way the lake is built up with cottages/houses/trailers, there are limited places to put dredge material.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    You make a great point, Kevin. I’m no expert on lake management, but dredging—despite being a little obstructive to traffic while underway—does seem like a better alternative than widespread chemical application. It’s not surprising that they would prioritize dredging at Moundwood, but it is disappointing. The Lucy’s area needs more dredging, everything in the North Channel and Acheson’s area, North Fork, behind Pony Island, and practically every channel of significant size/length. Of course, the way the lake is built up with cottages/houses/trailers, there are limited places to put dredge material.

build more islands so they can build more campgrounds!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools