Which license is reciprocal?

I'm heading to Champlain. Which license is good for NY as well as Vermont sides of the lake? Vermont's?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Some maps tell you which is req'd, but I know that East of the rocks at the Cut (north one) and the Gut up on northern Champlain: you need a Vt license. Fishing a Bass Weekend series years ago and boater takes me thru the Gut and proceeds to fish some muck 100 yards inside and boat with two guys in uniform come along and ask to see our licenses. Get my Vt out and it was OK, and boater gets a funny look and asks for a warning. Officer says we have been giving those for couple of months and no more. Writes out a $130 ticket, tells the boater that the state line is actually 1/8 or 1/4 mile out toward some islands on NY side of the Gut when ask where the line is. Boater motors over to NY waters and throws about 18#s back in the lake and quits for the day, about 10:30 AM. Needless to say, that was my last Bass Weekend event. I think you also need a VT license in parts or all of South Bay.

I found out.
    Reciprocal Licenses | Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department
    https://vtfishandwildlife.com/node/487
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Get a VT one unless you plan on fishing South Bay