Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    No anchors required here in NC that I know of. All I have been ever asked for was fishing license, photo I-D, life jackets, fire extinguisher, throw cushion and boat registration. Never asked for anything else when I have been on the lakes, rivers and sounds. They stopped the random checking a few years back and have not been checked since they did that. Now they have to have “probable cause” to stop and check you and your boat. They have to see something not right or if you are driving erratically to have the right to pull up and check you.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    No anchors required here in NC that I know of. All I have been ever asked for was fishing license, photo I-D, life jackets, fire extinguisher, throw cushion and boat registration. Never asked for anything else when I have been on the lakes, rivers and sounds. They stopped the random checking a few years back and have not been checked since they did that. Now they have to have “probable cause” to stop and check you and your boat. They have to see something not right or if you are driving erratically to have the right to pull up and check you.
    I didn’t know that either. I hade a game warden about knock me out of my boat one time. He came in to hot and slammed against my boat. Didn’t even apologize.

3. Banned
    I like it in that they are not wasting time checking me or anybody else that has everything in order but feel there are quite a few who get away with not having the right stuff or operating under the influence.

4. Member
    In my last comment above you will see the 5 things in NC you have to have in your vessel to NOT get a ticket in NC. They sent me that list of 5 things and I just copied & Pasted it for all to see. I’m sorry there is a confusion to what you have to have but she sent it to me from the registration Department.

I had to paste it for all to see as many seems to say different or to ask about different things. If anyone is still questioning my paste I’d say call them yourself and have them send you the list of what is needed like they did me. She said this list of things you must have has not been changed in over 40 years. Good luck

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    In my last comment above you will see the 5 things in NC you have to have in your vessel to NOT get a ticket in NC. They sent me that list of 5 things and I just copied & Pasted it for all to see. I’m sorry there is a confusion to what you have to have but she sent it to me from the registration Department.

I had to paste it for all to see as many seems to say different or to ask about different things. If anyone is still questioning my paste I’d say call them yourself and have them send you the list of what is needed like they did me. She said this list of things you must have has not been changed in over 40 years. Good luck

I know this and most 99.9% of fishermen who spend a lot of time on the water know this……they should educate their gw’s about this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12