Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Live Coverage is getting spicier. Just had John Cox on there talking about how the visibility is under a foot and in a nice way basically said it looks like crap.

2. Member
    I was on Harris Sunday. I stayed away from the pros and caught a few nice ones, but I will say the water quality on Lake Harris was horrible. It looked like a cloudy pea soup. Pretty sad. I also agree with John Cox, l lost sight of my baits less then 1 foot from the surface.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I was on Harris Sunday. I stayed away from the pros and caught a few nice ones, but I will say the water quality on Lake Harris was horrible. It looked like a cloudy pea soup. Pretty sad. I also agree with John Cox, l lost sight of my baits less then 1 foot from the surface.
    Every pro was commenting on how shallow the fish were. That's because the only place they could see to eat was in a foot or less. What an embarrassment, but FWC has no shame.
    I mean, just look at this, this is a shot from the drone of Skeet Reese going into the 9th street canal which is usually beautiful water, just awful:
    Screenshot_20210526-190809_Gallery.jpg

One of the pros - Gerald Spohrer I think - actually said there was so little grass due to the spraying. Was refreshing to hear instead of the typical Hurricane Irma rhetoric that is usually pushed as the reason.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    1992 Been killing it for a long time. Yep it is fishing better then it did in 1992. 14 pounds 10 ounces winning weight for 3 days!
    https://en-gb.facebook.com/Istokpoga...2906325238809/
    Yes but you have to remember that is when Ray Scott was so livid after that tourny that Florida had mismanaged its resources so bad that his BASS fisherman could not catch a fish. After that he stopped all BASS tourneys from coming down here and put out the word to the rest of country not to come here florida and to go to Texas. Of course that was a huge economic hit to the state so they changed laws to tighten the creel and size limits. Just compare the two states today, Texas has a share a lunker program in where if you catch a trophy fish, they come and get it, breed it for it's trophy genes and release the fish and its fry back to where it was caught. Now compare are states great program, take a picture of your bass, then post it to the world to get some goofy coupons. Then they can say, see how great we are managing our state. But most of these Trophy's are not coming out of our big named lakes, their are coming out of local lakes and ponds that the FWC doesn't touch, it's just a big propaganda machine that does nothing to help our fisheries.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Yes but you have to remember that is when Ray Scott was so livid after that tourny that Florida had mismanaged its resources so bad that his BASS fisherman could not catch a fish. After that he stopped all BASS tourneys from coming down here and put out the word to the rest of country not to come here florida and to go to Texas. Of course that was a huge economic hit to the state so they changed laws to tighten the creel and size limits. Just compare the two states today, Texas has a share a lunker program in where if you catch a trophy fish, they come and get it, breed it for it's trophy genes and release the fish and its fry back to where it was caught. Now compare are states great program, take a picture of your bass, then post it to the world to get some goofy coupons. Then they can say, see how great we are managing our state. But most of these Trophy's are not coming out of our big named lakes, their are coming out of local lakes and ponds that the FWC doesn't touch, it's just a big propaganda machine that does nothing to help our fisheries.
    Before they changed the rules to where you now can say it was caught in "an unnamed lake", you had to say where it was caught. A LOT were being caught in HOA Ponds.

Also a BUNCH are caught with Live Wild Shiners. I made a comment on the Trophy Catch Page that perhaps they should make 2 categories, One for Artificial and One for Live Shiners (especially for their Top Prizes they give out at the end of the year) and they responded back with NO. That there is no reason to do so as all that matters is if the fish is over 8 lbs.

I remember one Article they did where a guy caught the same 8+Lber in 15 minutes. He had cut a Fin off to send in when he first caught it with a Wild Shiner. Took the Pics, weighed it, cut the fin and released it. 15 Minutes later he caught it again on another Wild Shiner. Used the Cut Off Fin to match it up to prove it was the same fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12