Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    yes but still needs to be bigger for engine and acc
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    A gp31 AGM with only 850CCA? I'd want my $$ back.

Choose one of the top recommended batteries from the list in this topic and rest easy - BATTERIES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    agree ^^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Guys I understand but I am testing. I live in rural Tennessee and can't just run out and grab one of those from the list. If this fixes the issue I will order one that will be permanent in my boat. Right now I am just trying to pinpoint the issue.
    I do however appreciate the list that will answer my next question if this does correct my performance issue.

5. Member
    So test run today the same. Jumped out of the hole first time but not getting speed on top end. Then doesn’t jump out of the hole the rest of the day. Gets on plane but sluggish. Headed to d so hop in the morning

6. Member
    Ok guys mechanic just called and the boat is showing no fault history at all. Now how or why would this be the case when I know I have created alarms during testing and I have also had audible alarms for stuck thermostats? A lot of them.
    So It seems I have one faulty air injector but that is all they have found so far. They don't seem to think that is enough by itself to cause the thing to lose the power I am describing. Ideas?

7. Member
    Update-- Boat is leaving the shop now and headed to the lake for test run. I will update the results but today all injectors were cleaned and flow tested. The shop replaced 1 Air injector and said they found one plug with a cracked insulator. They did a good job but didn't seem overly confident that this is going to fix the issue. We will test the boat and if not continue to try to pinpoint the issue.

8. Member
    Update- No change with the boat. So now diagnostics show nothing.

-I have a new battery (bare minimum but does meet requirement for engine and that is all that is on it)
    -new map sensor,
    -plugs,
    -filter,
    -cleaned VST
    -primer bulb holding pressure
    -Air and fuel injectors cleaned and flow tested
    -Engine misted for electrical shorts
    -Compression test good
    -firing test good
    -Compressor screen cleaned
    -Thermostats cleaned
    -poppet valve removed and engine flushed
    -Fuel pressures and leak down tests are within spec
    *Have not checked for turned sleeve or leaking adapter plate (Will but think the fact that it will jump out of the hole first run of the day may eliminate that)
    *Have not removed exhaust cover to give better inspection to reeds but again ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Clueless

9. Member
    Think I am going to drain my tank completely and change filter one more time. I have no obvious reason to suspect water in the fuel but the fact that first run is good and immediately gets worse throughout the day makes me curious.

10. Member
    Leaking adapter plate would be my next course of action.

11. Member
    agree^^^^^

12. Member
    Guys is there a video or some detailed instructions on how to check this correctly. I know Don had mentioned 3 different things but want to make sure I perform the test accurately and know what I'm looking for.
    Thanks

13. Member
    Is it as simple as removing lower unit pushing water up in tube and making sure non comes back through exhaust ports

14. Member
    Gentlemen Should I be able to see the driveshaft turning when I have the lower cowling off my engine? If so should I have any water exiting from this area when on muffs?

15. Member
    yes --------- abso lutely not up there

16. Member
    Crap maybe found issue. I’ll try to video and verify with you guys

17. Member
    gasket leaking in mtr mount region , pull power heAD, coulda been lot worse

18. Member
    Yes I have a steady stream coming from there. Anyone want to share parts list or advice? I’ll go ahead and change both gaskets while I’m there.

19. Member
    IMG_0327.m4v

20. Member
    Picture of water leaking. Just want to verify that this is the issue before I start tearing my motor down. This is behind lower cowling front right side. Is this proof gasket has failed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cdees; 05-30-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast