Carpet and deck extension 02 Cougar

I meant to post this awhile back and got busy doing the actual work so I could get back to fishing.
    Im recapreting the whole boat, padding the entire front and making a deck extension.

I want to thank Luke for his patience and taking the time to give me detailed answers to my questions.

front deck cleaned.jpgcleaning floor.jpgcleaning floor 2.jpg

deck beginning.jpgfront deck padded.jpghatches padded.jpg
    Last edited by txdyna65; 05-19-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

2. Member
    Adding to the other post, the entire front and deck extension was padded. I used the red can weldwood contact cement to put down the padding on everything.
    The deck extension is 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood glued and screwed together. I then put 2 coats of resin on the plywood.
    The deck hatch is only 3/4" and I cut a lip out underneath and used 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" aluminum angle for bracing and for the lid to sit on.
    The end piece is also screwed to the deck with the same aluminum angle and I have 2 small pieces on the sides to keep the top from sliding back and forth.
    The carpet is from basscat and I put it down with Roberts carpet glue.

deck beginning.jpgdeck extension.jpgentire front padded.jpgfront half finished.jpg
    2002 BassCat Cougar

3. Member
    Looks good. Fresh carpet really is a facelift to the overall aesthetics of a vessel.

4. Member
    Nice work!
    1987 tracker TX17 full gut and rehab
    1975 Starcraft SS18 next in line for rehab

5. Member
    Well I was going to wait and get new seats before I did the back deck, but everyone is out of stock due to a shortage of foam.
    The bench seat was a royal pain to remove but went back in very easy thankfully.
    Sure makes the boat look alot better having new carpet throughout and Im loving the deck extension.
    I need to build a step box to go in front of the deck, so that's the next project. Its 18' to step up onto the deck, doesn't sound like alot, but it is when ya got bad knees.

back deck carpeted.jpg
    2002 BassCat Cougar

6. Member
    I finally got around to building a step to go to the front deck. I had carpet left over from doing the boat that I used. The box is made of cellular pvc board, the top is 3/4 plywood coated in resin.
    I painted the inside lid black and added some cabinet liner to the bottom. I made a snap strap it keep it closed, hopefully its pretty waterproof. I also got my garmin mounted on the dash.
    front deck with step.jpgfront step.jpgfront step open.jpgdual console mount.jpg
    2002 BassCat Cougar