Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    idbefishing

Ford F150 Lightnng

Any of you guys watch the reveal tonight? Now that is an EV that I would own based on what was presented so far. The EV world is about to be dominated.

Save your how far it can tow a boat, I don’t care

2. Banned
    What are the plug in/ recharge requirements?
    70k part is easy they should go like hot cakes

3. idbefishing
    Yeah, basically same prices as they are now. Unlike that butt ugly, way expensive Tesla truck.

4. Banned
    Say you wanted to pull a 8000 lb camper from louisiana to arizona only using back roads.Looks like it would be a problem finding a place to recharge.

5. idbefishing
    Why would you want to take only the back roads? Wouldn’t it be easier to take the highway?

6. Member
    Props to them making it look normal. Now with all of the advancements coming in EV, we better get on beefing up our electrical grid and generation to power all of these things.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Why would you want to take only the back roads? Wouldn’t it be easier to take the highway?
    You never owned a Garmin or Tom Tom have you?

8. Member
    The price and specs are very impressive, no doubt. Range is still a little short for guys that tow boats around, especially on long trips. But for the average suburban truck guy who never tows it’s a great option.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    You never owned a Garmin or Tom Tom have you?
    nope, I still have a Rand McNally in the truck. Just in case google map not working

Nice looking F150 but I don't think they should have called it a Lightning. I think most were expecting it to be more high performance looking like the original F150 Lightnings.
    Some had drawn how they guessed it would look with it lower, with more ground effects, etc., and a much more performance oriented look.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    We like the boonies away from semi truck routes and traffic,most people don't travel the backroads,we enjoy the small towns and mom & pop restaurants.We still do travel major highways and Interstates when we in a hurry.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Nice looking F150 but I don't think they should have called it a Lightning. I think most were expecting it to be more high performance looking like the original F150 Lightnings.
    Some had drawn how they guessed it would look with it lower, with more ground effects, etc., and a much more performance oriented look.
    would be cool if they made a lowered, regular cab, short box version of the ev. With that kinda power it would be an absolute rocket ship.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    Cool truck..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Same here Al. I was waiting to see a slightly lowered performance oriented single cab truck.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    I think this will be a great option for the average truck owner that uses it as a grocery getter.
    No 4x4 will be a no go for majority who would use it for pulling.

I believe Ford will sell a mess load of these in the larger cities!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Ford did a great job on this truck. The looks are what you'd expect from Ford and the starting price for the base model is amazing. They definitely give buyers a range of options with prices starting at $39K and going all the way up to $90K. Model to model comparison the EV F150 is going to have a lower total cost of ownership after 5 years or so.

I'm a little disappointed with the specs. But I'm sure they held back on performance so they can offer incremental improvements every year to lure in new buyers. Also, they probably didn't want to wipe out demand for their other trucks.

I'm guessing Ford won't be able to make them fast enough, and in a couple years they start phasing out some of their other models.
    Thanos was the hero

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I think this will be a great option for the average truck owner that uses it as a grocery getter.
    No 4x4 will be a no go for majority who would use it for pulling.

I believe Ford will sell a mess load of these in the larger cities!

Don
    4x4 is standard on all EV models.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    I am definitely excited to see more of these options coming out. Once we can get some real world towing info (how many miles with a std boat), I would consider down the road.

19. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    4x4 is standard on all EV models.
    full time AWD too

Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    Props to them making it look normal. Now with all of the advancements coming in EV, we better get on beefing up our electrical grid and generation to power all of these things.
    Why worry? Everything will be fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast