SEAT TO CONSOLE ROOM?

I sat in a CX18 and a CX20 and am a little concerned with leg room near the console. Seemed to be about the same on both models. I am 6'5'' and my knees where very close to touching the console with seat fully adjusted back on slide. There is still a few inches of room behind the seat. What is the taller owners of the Caymas thoughts? Did anyone have to modify the seat bracket to get more room?

2. Member
    Wow...6'5" is going to be a challenge on any boat. Lucky the Caymas has a few extra inches to move that bracket back. Ought to be something your dealer can handle.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    Wow...6'5" is going to be a challenge on any boat. Lucky the Caymas has a few extra inches to move that bracket back. Ought to be something your dealer can handle.
    I was surprised actually. I have had Tritons, Skeeters, and a Ranger in the past and had plenty room. The dealer actually suggested I sit in them and both of us were surprised. We both think it is the room they are leaving behind the seats for the net storage. We have some ideas but wanted to see if anyone has actually moved them all the way back.

4. Member
    Cx21 is roomiest. I’m 6’2” and I’m comfortable in my cx20

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I’m 6’2” and I’m comfortable in my cx20
    Ditto, with the seat all the way back. If I were much taller though it would be too tight. My Phoenix had a lot more legroom.

6. Member
    After doing some measuring it looks like the seat slide holds it about 3'' too far forward for a taller person. I talked to someone that said there is an extra set of holes on the seat slide to relocate the seat further back. That is what I will have to do. Love the CX20 and didn't want the seat to be an issue.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese19x2 View Post
    After doing some measuring it looks like the seat slide holds it about 3'' too far forward for a taller person. I talked to someone that said there is an extra set of holes on the seat slide to relocate the seat further back.
    Wow, I'll have to look at that. Good to know..