Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hummingbird Mega Live

Anyone here anything about when this will be released or is it still crickets from Humminbird?

The mega live transducer I believe is built by some UK company from what I heard.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    There’s no such thing.

It’s a theoretical concept that humminbird created to keep bird owners from buying Garmin product.

4. Member
    I was about to ask the same thing- no information coming out of Humminbird is BAloney.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

5. Member
    shit, they don't even have mega 360's in stock and you want mega live, really? I'm a little dissapointed with HB for being so far behind

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    There’s no such thing.

It’s a theoretical concept that humminbird created to keep bird owners from buying Garmin product.

I'm starting to believe this is the truth.

7. Member
    It will happen. Humminbird just doesn't seem to be able to make changes in their company as fast as the other brands. Does humminbird do most of their manufacturing in states or elsewhere?
    Matt I
    2006 Triton 20xhp 225 Merc Pro XS
    Solix 15 G1, Solix 12 G2, Helix 12 gen4 12 gen3 , Ultrex 112, Mega 360, Mega Live

8. Member
    Has no-one noticed the GLOBAL chip shortage?

9. Member
    Ordered new eyeglasses yesterday and was told there is a shortage of lenses. Two month wait time.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ltaghon View Post
    So are you saying that's why Humminbird hasn't released any footage at all on Live?? I can see the chip shortage as to why the general public can't get them yet, but you would think there would be at least one working unit out there. The more I think about it the more I agree it was a marketing ploy by Humminbird.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

11. Member
    Covid issues

Chip shortage

Staffing setbacks

Etc, etc, etc.

They don’t have anything built or they would release footage.

100% marketing play to keep bird owners from going to LS or AT

Black Friday 2022 I bet we’re still on here reading “it’s coming”

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    Covid issues

Chip shortage

Staffing setbacks

Etc, etc, etc.

They don’t have anything built or they would release footage.

100% marketing play to keep bird owners from going to LS or AT

Black Friday 2022 I bet we’re still on here reading “it’s coming”
    I bet I'm not.....I will have the LS by then, along with quite a few others.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite
    Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jotahech371 View Post
    I bet I'm not.....I will have the LS by then, along with quite a few others.
    Smart move to just move on and not wait

14. Banned
    lmfao, this BS has been going on long before the "chips BS fake news shortage"

15. Banned
    just another POS company using covid and crap to make excuses for poor customer service and product quality!!!!!!!! I, SO OVER ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO USE THE FAKE DEMIC TO GIVE US BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Member
    Isn't ICAST coming up this summer? With all the media for that show wouldn't you at least expect them to make some kind of announcement as to what's going on with Mega Live?

17. Member
    I like my birds but I love my livescope and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If you want live imaging I can tell you the garmin is worth it and wouldn't want to go without it. But if your that loyal and have patience by all means sit and wait for maybe another week or maybe another year without any video of what your actually waiting on. Just seems like humminbird doesn't have a finished product imo. If so it's poor marketing not releasing an actual video.

18. Member
    All I know is on the Humminbird website and a brochure I got in the mail Humminbird is advertising the Live imaging so they must really want to get sued for false advertising if they didn't have a product coming at some point. The BassMaster Classic is next month so who knows someone might have it then. For me I'll wait it out as I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff from another company when I pretty much have what I need now once the live is available. Plus my Mega 360 gives me what I want and need in the meantime.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mirons988 View Post
    It will happen. Humminbird just doesn't seem to be able to make changes in their company as fast as the other brands. Does humminbird do most of their manufacturing in states or elsewhere?
    I'm pretty sure most of the Humminbird products are made right in Eufaula. USA designed and assembled but I'm sure they have plenty of Chinese and other foreign components.

They are getting hit by this blasted semiconductor shortage, just like everybody else.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

20. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    just another POS company using covid and crap to make excuses for poor customer service and product quality!!!!!!!! I, SO OVER ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO USE THE FAKE DEMIC TO GIVE US BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is nothing fake about this semiconductor shortage. It is affecting product availability in every industry using electronic components. Even the auto makers are having to shut down assembly lines because of the lack of electronic parts for their cars.

I'm not saying this is why we aren't seeing the Mega Live yet but I am saying that it is definitely contributing to lack of product in the pipeline.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast