Seasnake Trolling Motor

Just ordered the Seasnake 24lb thrust trolling motor to add to my Pelican 130. I also ordered the cassette to modify for the drive. Wondered if anyone else has done this and how well did it work. I've seen the youtube videos and they look easy enough. Of course I can also just mount it on the side of kayak. Mostly just for long excursions, but looking for any suggestions. Thanks.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Although there were no other takers on this thread, I can report the job went well and it worked perfectly. I now have pedal, paddle, and power options I used a little "mighty max" 12V battery. No issues at all. If you're looking to add power, this is an affordable option.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Thanks for posting this. We recently got my son a new kayak for a graduation gift.... this looks like a reasonably priced addition. Might shoot you a pm for some more info in the future. Thanks again!

4. Member
    how far can you go on a charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    how far can you go on a charge?
    Good question. Don't know yet, but I used the heck out of it this weekend for probably 3.5 solid hours with no visibly loss in power. Things I've learned about the Watersnake, the miniprop is the only one that current fits through the slot for my pedal drive. The miniprop's blades are really thin which make them easily damaged. Mine's still functional, but have several chips in it after 3 outings. I've already ordered a spare (...and a spare for that spare, lol). I only have one pic on my phone and a couple of short videos. I'll take some better pics this week and try and get them uploaded. I'm thinking I have about $300 invested in the project between the motor, the battery and the cassette. If you look on amazon they make two different versions of the 24 lb thrust (I went with the smaller motor because it fits in the slot...the others do not); one version has a traditional transom mount, the other has one for kayaks that can be mounted anywhere with a longer tiller arm. But you can get bigger motors if you're not going through the floor. Like I said, I just typed in watersnake kayak motor in youtube and found several videos.

It probably took about 45 minutes to disassemble the motor head, cut the shaft, run it through the cassette, rewire it and reverse the head.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Let's see if this works. Had to play with the size. Also, estimate I can do about 3.5-4 mph on high power.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Nitro Z21

7. Member

And here's a better picture of the finished product. I also attached a trolling motor plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Nitro Z21