Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had some questions while my ECM is at Simon performance tech. What oil premix ratio is to be run in a 86 200 black max and also in this 200 EFI 0G3?
    and while i have it apart. What reeds would you suggest to replace these metal ones and where to get them from. Nothing special for performance. Just dependability at a fair price.

2. Member
    50:1, Don sells the TDR reeds at European Marine. They are fiber reeds. I would use those.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    50:1, Don sells the TDR reeds at European Marine. They are fiber reeds. I would use those.
    ^^^^+1^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +2 on the TDR Reeds.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Do i have to buy three sets or is one enough for the engine

6. Member
    one set per mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    How difficult is the installation with the rubber faced reed blocks. Is there lapping required?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mostly busy work but ABSOLUTELY you would need to lap the reed cages, regardless of them being rubber coated (they must be true and flat).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Can someone point me towards the correct water pump kit part number or my 200 EFI OG3

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    96148A8 would be a suitable (complete) kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12