Xpress 18PFC transom Plug question

Bought a new 18PFC delivered in March. I am learning alot because I've never had a boat this nice. Im not really liking the transom drain plug. They gave me a twist type plug. No matter how tight I tighten it, i still have water getting in.not much, but still looking for better option. I do have a bilge pump.....anyone got any ideas?

Tom

2. Banned
    You sure that's how its getting in? I had a loose live well drain line that wasn't attached correctly. I wet the plug before installing.

3. Member
    Nope...not certain but will look into that. My front livewell not filling as robust as my rear livewell.....i will try wetting the plug before....
    Thank you

4. Banned
    Also if the bilge pumpout is in the splash well like mine water can back fill when coming off plain fast and get into the bilge. No check valve on mine.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 05-18-2021 at 09:00 AM.

5. Member
    Thank you paX19.....

Just didnt know if anyone has put one of the tube style inserts in with threaded plugs?

Got a few things to look at.....appreciate everyones input

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboyrn View Post
    Bought a new 18PFC delivered in March. I am learning alot because I've never had a boat this nice. Im not really liking the transom drain plug. They gave me a twist type plug. No matter how tight I tighten it, i still have water getting in.not much, but still looking for better option. I do have a bilge pump.....anyone got any ideas?

Tom
    Check the welds around the drain plug. Mine leaked when I got it and noticed the weld's needed to be cleaned up. Used the twist plug since with no issues - as long as I put it in :).

7. Member
    Will do thanks

8. Member
    My new 2020 X19 seemed to have a leak too. Looked, couldnt find it. On a whim while on fishn trip, bought another boat plug (same kind) for $4. Used it and, for whatever reason, it fit much better than the other. It was the damnest thing. Pulled the plug and no water ran out. For $4..... go figure.

9. Member
    Had a plug on my previous Xpress that if you put it in the night before, you could get another turn on it the next morning. Also had one with the weld issue around outside edge of the drain, but my 2021 X18 is smooth as glass and the plug snugs up well and doesn't loosen up. First one I've ever had that didn't have some water in the bilge at the end of a day. Might try a new plug as mentioned, could be a cheap fix.