Saturday In The Rain & Wind on 13

My son and I had a good day primarily on some easy access stops. We never went into a backwater area. Our 5 best were 3 @ 16" & 2 @ 18". The wind layed down in the late morning and the rain stopped at about the same time. The forecast of 70 and sunny must have gone to another location. There was one little spot that we boated about 8 fish from an area you could have covered with a blanket. That was in 2 stops about 4 hours apart.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 05-17-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    Awesome day

3. Member
    I was out that morning also with my buddies high school age son. He is really getting into bass fishing and I’m amazed at how much he knows from watching YouTube videos. We launched at the ramp north of Sabula, Fished the bridge area there. Fished the marina south of Sabula. Then when the wind laid down a bit, we made the rough run up to browns. Did I mention, we were in my 17ft xpress jon boat with a 25hp merc . I was thinking as low as the river was, that the Jon would be better. Half way to browns I decided that the 21PHX would have been a more prudent choice. We didn’t do as well as you, but we had a great 8hours of fishing! Every place we tried, we caught fish. Our best 5 were 3.44, 2.82, 2.72, 2.60, 2.42. We caugh over 30 bass, 3 pike (kid caught 1 nice one), and 2 dogfish(heartbreakers). I really appreciate your fishing reports hooksetter! Have a great summer!

4. Member
    I was out there this past weekend too for a little club tournament. 1st place was 15.5, 2nd was 13.8 and we were 3rd with 13. Nobody that I'm aware of went into Spring, I don't fish there enough to be confident getting in from the main river with the water this low but there were plenty of fish to be had elsewhere. We probably caught 3 limits throughout the day. Best fish for the tourney was 5.5 from the 2nd place team. We caught all our fish pitching wood/rock or with swim jigs and white/chart spinnerbaits. Had a good few days though Saturday was a little rough.