legend alpha 199 225L ProXS 4stroke TM

Just curious of any suggested setup conditions for this pair.

Previously running 225 2 stroke Pro XS at 3.75" p2p with 25 Fury3 all PVS open 5900rpm 26psi 72-76mph.

First run with new motor at unknown p2p (will check today) on 25 Fury3 all PVS plugged 5650rpm 15psi 73.1 and rising.

Concerns & Observations:

previous setup ran deep in the water (could put half forearm in the water while running) with the ride smooth but river running with turns a bit sluggish, feeling like it needed a lot of bow lift to get the boat out of the water, empty alone would resolve this typically but would begin to chine walk about 75mph
    current setup runs on top of the water (cant get close to touching the water while running) with ride still smooth but river running remaining smooth and a lot less loss of speed, feeling like it has perhaps too much bow lift, chine walks after breaking 70mph but as early as 67mph if trim is raised too quickly
    previous holeshot was very quick and hoplike with all forward movement (~3500rpm), current holeshot sends the bow straight up before laying over and launching forward (3800rpm)

Plan to check p2p (perhaps adjust closer to previous if large difference), get a testable 24p Fury3, run boat again after any plate change or prop change. Will update.

2. Member
    P2P measure is somewhere between 4.5-5”. Think I will start with a raise of an inch and run again. The low water psi confuses me but everything else I know tells me I am plenty too deep.

3. Member
    Legend Alpha199 w Merc Pro XS 4s 225L torquemaster 1.75 1.5" on 10" rapidjack
    25Fury3 w PVS all plugged
    Prop to Pad: 4.5"
    Max achievable RPM: 5650, much more throttle sensitive than previous 2s
    Max achievable speed: 73 climbing
    Water PSI: 20-25 when trimming higher than currently safe to drive, 15 all other times
    Ride: entire boat out of the water, terrible comfort level
    Roostertail: none visible whatsoever
    Holeshot: sluggish, quick rev to 2900, bogging 3000-3100, steady climb to 3800, break over
    Handling: steering is loose in straight runs and eventually chines too much, curves can be taken with negligible loss of rpm or speed, waves/wake excessively bumpy with jerky steering

Next run of boat will be at prop to pad of 3.5", to be immediately followed by the same run on a plugged 24Fury3.

4. Pat Goff
    You're walking down a dark path of frustration. Not an insult on your manhood or anything like that, but you're wanting to go fast, but you're not at the level of driving to allow it. Until you can hold the throttle wide open, with full trim, you simply don't know what you've got.

Light and loose is fast, stuck to the water is not.
    Before you go further down that dark path, find a seasoned pilot to assist you. Twenty minutes of driver training will save you months of frustration and a lot of money chasing down what you think is a setup issue, when it's not.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    thanks for the pep talk

there's nothing frustrating here, just need a couple changes.

WOT at full trim gets me 5650, i need 6100
    Holeshot is terrible, i prefer the hop
    Lots of play in the steering, i want responsive
    rough roughwater ride, this hull should be smooth as butter

nothing i am talking about should require months of anything, and i cant think of what money i would be spending to do this, i already have the props, plugs are cheap, motor moving is just a jack plate change.
    i can get it set right on my own, but was posting in effort to make time on the water more efficient.
    no worries, comments on my lack of boating skills from an internet stranger will never affect my manhood lol
    im not in this to swordfight, you do you man