Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for all the info Mike--I always enjoy your posts. I have a z21 also. YOur tips have helped me out along the way.
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. mikesxpress
    Based on information from Lew's participation in the previous FLW event held out of National Harbor the majority of the anglers utilized Marshall Hall ramp in Charles county. Normally a neglected ramp for upkeep and overgrown parking area, FLW worked with Charles county to get the field mowed for additional parking. Another option Lew mentioned was staying at National Harbor and paying for a slip to keep your boat in the water and just walk down from the hotel the morning of the tournament.

3. Member
    Mike's right.... I did participate in the FLW event out of National Harbor. 2 of my 3 boater partners used the Marshall Hall ramp. The other guy got a slip and stayed at National Harbor. Everything worked fine at Marshall Hall but I contribute this to preparation by FLW, and Charles County mowing the fields, putting up signs for parking, many volunteers directing traffic and keeping the ramp organized and well lit. … and the users were pros, not shmoes. There was no drama waiting for someone to get their boat ready, backing down the ramp, parking the truck, or hanging out at the pier. Get in the boat, pudder up to National Harbor, then BS with everyone.

You will probably have to park in the fields. If the fields are not cut, spray mosquito repellent on your pants and shoes or expect to get chiggers. There are a few commercial watermen who use that ramp. Your urgency to get your boat in the water will not concern them. Just sayin'. The worst part about using Marshall Hall may be putting the boat on the trailer in the afternoon. It is a public place with a free boat ramp.

If I were in this tournament, I would pay the $10 ramp fee at Ft. Washington marina and I would be backing the boat down the ramp at 3am, pudder up to National Harbor, tie-up and go to sleep. Parking at Ft. Washington is limited.

Whatever you decide, be patient. Good luck!

4. Member
    Thanks guys--both good options. Whatever we do, I will be slow and get there early!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

5. Member
    Lew--I assume Ft Washington has ample parking?
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    just saw where you said parking was limited
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12