Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you stay if launching at National Harbor

So I think I am going to fish the BPS open out of National Harbor--For any of you that have fished there, where do you normally stay? I know there are hotels withing the National Harbor complex, but dont think they are conducive for parking/charging boats?

thanks for the help

Don
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    I would not park my boat at National Harbour overnight for sure. I would probably be staying in LaPlata area on the MD side or Lorton, Woodbridge Stafford on the VA side (I am not familiar with where to stay on the VA side. The boat launches in the area of National Harbor are limited. When the FLW fished and weighed at National harbor most launched from either Marshall Hall
    on the MD side or from Pohick on the VA side.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    I was thinking about Marshall Hall--Pohick looks like it may be a decent boat ride to National Harbor--trying to find a close place to launch that will not be that far from National Harbor
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    You say you think your going to fish it registration for the tournament was last Wednesday only open for 24 hours and on Friday they would have contacted you if you were in

5. Member
    I am in--Are you fishing?
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    Is there a ramp at National Harbor? I do not see one anywhere on Google Earth
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

7. Member
    No ramp at National Harbor. Pohick is not far from Marshall Hall at all. My buddy is fishing it and said launch was out of Smallwood in Mattawoman.

8. Member
    ok--that helps with the info--thanks very much!!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    Yes I'm fishing it they already charged my card

10. Member
    That's going to be crowded at Smallwood I know there's an ABA going out of there on July 17,18 they already have permits I didn't see any permits for johnnys tournament have to see what happens with this one

11. Member
    Closest ramp is belle haven but it has its challenges (parking/ramp & tide conditions). Fort Washington and gravelly point are the others not mentioned. Look for air bnb that can accommodate your rig in Alexandria area if you choose to launch in any of those areas. PM if you have other questions
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera II

12. Member
    Thanks for the help--I usually put in at Leesylvania--dont know where all those boats are going to go out of. We are supposed to find out soon more
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

13. Member
    I contacted BPS via messenger and they told me the launch will be out of National Harbor so we will be launching from other ramps and making our way over there to actually do the official launch.

14. Member
    This does not sound like its going to be a fun day. That will likely be over 300 boats on the water that day between two tournaments. At least ABA will be launching out of the same marina they're weighing in at...
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

15. Member
    Thanks for the update--that is what I figured--not many ramps. And that ride up to National Harbor could be brutal with a North wind!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

16. Member
    I marked my calendar as a no fishing weekend.....

17. mikesxpress
    July 17, 2021 tournament date

Pre-Tournament Practice: All Qualifying Tournaments have a 3-day off-limits period which consists of the Monday-Wednesday prior to the tournament.
    The Thursday and Friday prior to each regular season tournament will be considered official practice days.

No participant may fish within 50 yards of another Participant’s boat which was first anchored. An anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by a line attached to a weight or by a Power Pole or similar shallow water anchor with the trolling motor in the up position. *That could be an issue on the Potomac?

18. Member
    Thats funny stuff right there Mike--People who have never fished there will be in for a big surprise!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

19. mikesxpress
    Don those of us that live here along the river know how small it fishes come mid summer. Toss in that the middle of July is also the middle of hurricane season adds to the program. National Harbor needs to install a 20 slot boat launch and 300+ truck/trailer parking lot. The further up river they move these events the better I like it.

20. mikesxpress
    The closest (useable) public ramp is:
    http://www.coastal-properties.com/ftwashington.html

The ramp is in Piscataway creek and has limited truck/trailer parking. It would also be the safest ride up river to National Harbor. Belle Haven is much closer (directly across the river) but the ramp is unusable at low tide for a bassboat and it only has limited parking.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 05-27-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast