Thread: Old barn siding

Old barn siding

We will be taking down an old garage. It's just not feasible to try to improve it and use. It will be removed and something new will replace it. Does the old weathered barn wood siding have a value ? Is there a market for it ? This siding looks like 6-10" wide and is installed vertically on the outside of the building. I was curious if there is a market for it and if it was enough value to make it worth the time to try to find a buyer for it. What say ye ?
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Banned
    Yes very large market for that stuff

3. Member
    If it isn't rotten, it has some value. Even if it has bad spots, as long as there are good, someone probably would buy it. Take a picture of it and put it on Marketplace or Craigslist, I don't have a idea of the value of it.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. Member
    Wish we lived a little closer, looking for something like that to put on the inside garage walls.

Take Care.

5. Moderator
    Yes there is a market for it. Someone always has a use for it.

6. Member
    Big market for it and high prices if not rotten
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    Big market for it, take your time taking it off. Premium for boards that are not split on the ends.

8. Member
    Well worth your time to remove it and stack it with spacers to help keep it dry. I would love to get my hands on some for a couple of projects. What little I have located near me was too expensive.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

9. Banned
    Big bucks if you broker it right.

10. Member
    Well maybe I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to locate the market for it and figure how to value it.
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Another option is to trade someone the materials for the labor of tearing it down and cleaning it up. We had an old metal/tin barn on some land we bought recently and traded it for the old building/land to be cleared.

Kinda like this.....0928191122.jpg
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

13. Member
    Find some one that refinishes hard wood floors he'll be glad to pay a fair price. Just refinish a floor that was 2nd gen heart pine cheapest I could find was 12.95 a ft. There is a market for that lumber.

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I don't know how the market is right now but around 5 years ago the right kind of barn lumber was bringing top $ in my area. I had a coworker who tore down an old barn on his property and I was shocked at the amount of $ he made. I also know of a case where someone had an old barn and someone stole the siding off it. The thieves hit the barn in the middle of the night and stole the siding right off the barn. They took a Sawzall and cut the planks right off the side of the barn.